GA-K8NXP-SLI and 3D1 plus 160GB Seagate SATA

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by ASH, May 9, 2005.

  1. ASH

    ASH Guest

    Hi

    Just purchased parts for my new PC,including the following parts:

    GA-K8NXP-SLI and 3D1
    160GB Seagate SATA

    Initially I will be using the single 160GB drive and connecting it to
    the nvidia SATA connection, but this leads me to the following questions:

    1. Will WinXP SP2 setup see this disk on this controller without
    additional drivers?
    2. I also plan to add a second 160GB HD sometime in the future and
    configure as RAID 1 (mirror). For this to be successful how do I go
    about setting up the first drive now, do I need to set it up as RAID
    drive in anyway (even though its only a single drive by itself). Sorry
    if this sounds a bit confusing, all this SATA and RAID technology is
    still very new to me.

    Regards
    Adrian