    PCWorld are doing the 4400+ for 90GBP which is pretty good I think.
    What are your opinions?

    Robin

    Robin Gordon, Jun 21, 2007

  2. Robin Gordon

    don't look Guest

    8800GTS OR GTX.

    don't look, Jun 21, 2007

  3. Robin Gordon

    Robin Gordon Guest

    Thanks

    Robin

    Robin Gordon, Jun 21, 2007
  4. Robin Gordon

    Cal Vanize Guest

    Robin Gordon wrote:
    > Which is the best upgrade;
    > Ati x850XT PE - Nvidia 8800 GTS or GTX
    > or
    > Opteron 144 - X2 4400+
    >
    > Ram is 2 Gig on a Vista 64 based System.
    >
    > PCWorld are doing the 4400+ for 90GBP which is pretty good I think.
    > What are your opinions?
    >
    > Robin

    The first thing I'd do is upgrade to Windows XP.

    IMO, the X2 4400 is the second point of upgrade.

    Cal Vanize, Jun 21, 2007
  5. Robin Gordon

    Guest Guest

    > Which is the best upgrade;
    > Ati x850XT PE - Nvidia 8800 GTS or GTX
    > or
    > Opteron 144 - X2 4400+
    >
    > Ram is 2 Gig on a Vista 64 based System.
    >
    > PCWorld are doing the 4400+ for 90GBP which is pretty good I think.
    > What are your opinions?
    >
    > Robin

    If that is OEM vista, will it not throw a wobbly if you change any of those
    parts? discuss!

    Chri$

    Guest, Jun 21, 2007
  6. Robin Gordon

    Robin Gordon Guest

    I'm happy enough with the 64bit version of vista. I recently had a mate
    drop me around some parts to build him a new computer out of.
    Part of this build was trouble-shooting the all the pieces in my PC. It
    just noticed the new parts and installed the driver required for it (though
    I did wonder what difference was there between my Opty 144 and the mate's
    4000+).
    The grafix card needed different drivers of course and switching ram didnt
    cause any hassle.
    I was pleasantly surprised by this.
    HTH

    Robin