Gateway 7110GX

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by kneshoba, Feb 4, 2007.

  1. kneshoba

    kneshoba Guest

    HI
    I was given a Gateway 7110GX, and when I went to turn it on the blu
    power light will come on and I can here the HD turn on for a fe
    seconds and then turn off and then the laptop will go through the sam
    process automatically once more and then turn off. I can also see th
    screen flicker, I had removed the HD and I can hear something loos
    inside is what I would describe the sound. If anyone could help i
    would greatly appreaciated.

    Thanks.

    Kneshob

    --
    kneshob
    kneshoba's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=75

    Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.i
    kneshoba, Feb 4, 2007

  2. kneshoba

    Davy Guest

    You can appreciate it's difficult say what's rattling about without an
    inspection.

    Was it rattling about prior to removing the hard drive... or have
    you disturbed something, like accidentally knocking a Surface Mounted
    Component off, or left a screw out.

    Trouble if it's a metal object it could have just about shorted
    anything out since metal is conductive.

    If the screen flickers... it could well be the CCFL, these are the
    backlight tubes (Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp) or the inverter
    modual... this steps the 12V or so up to around 1,800 Volts (1.8KV)
    for the CCFLs and is a common ailment... as well as ribbon cables
    becoming loose.

    So really we wanna' know what's rattlin' about in there, only two
    way's to find out open it up or take it in for repair, it could be
    this or it could be that no one can say.

    Davy
    Davy, Feb 5, 2007

  3. kneshoba

    kneshoba Guest