    details do not say anything about media center remotes so I am puzzled. Any
    other Gateway PC users with TV Tuner cards and Media Center remotes having
    similar problems or a solution to try?

    Steve Mavronis, Nov 15, 2007

  2. It figures right after posting my question I come up with a fix for it.
    After reading more Microsoft support articles afterwards, I ended up
    unplugging the connector going into the back of my desktop IR sensor and
    plugged it back in again. Now all the buttons work as expected. Microsoft
    says the IF sensor can get a firmware buffer overrun and this clears it.

    Steve

    Steve Mavronis, Nov 15, 2007