    well I won't be home for a while so I guess it really does not matter.
    But darn I wanted to mess with it before I left (grin)........

    Lee (impatiently waiting in Florida)

    Lee, Mar 15, 2007

  2. Lee

    chicagofan Guest

    Lee wrote:
    > Well it looks like GATEWAY has solved the compatability problems that
    > occured when they installed VISTA and are now releasing some of their
    > computers. But mine is till in processing. Only 11 days so far.
    > Was told maybe I will get it around the 27th or so, but then that last
    > little line still holds, you could get it earlier, or even later. Oh
    > well I won't be home for a while so I guess it really does not matter.
    > But darn I wanted to mess with it before I left (grin)........
    >
    > Lee (impatiently waiting in Florida)

    You have my sympathy, Lee. I remember that kind of anticipation... like a kid
    at Christmas... come on, come on! :) Hope you get it soon!
    bj

    chicagofan, Mar 15, 2007

  3. Lee

    akers Guest

    Re: Gateway is finally releasing some of their ordered compu

    I ordered my FX530 20 days ago. The pojected delivery date has been
    moved to the 21st (23 days.) Part of the order is still in
    "processing" and part in "production". I do not
    see any way I will receive my new PC by the 21st. Due to the extended
    delay I had to buy two new hard drives (just shy of $300) to get my 4
    year old PC back up and running.

    One more delay and I am going back back to building my own and
    overclocking them. I built the old PC and it has been running at a
    25% overclock the entire 4 years with no problems until 2 Maxtor
    drives failed on the same day.

    akers, Mar 19, 2007