    --
    Bill
    Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

    BillW50, Jan 14, 2011

  2. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:igpaco$3qr$-september.org,
    BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:
    > Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay hard
    > drives that fits this laptop?

    Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number or a
    model number for one?

    BillW50, Jan 15, 2011

  3. BillW50

    Ken Whiton Guest

    *-* On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, at 14:30:15 -0600,
    *-* In Article <igt04o$gtj$-september.org>,
    *-* BillW50 wrote
    *-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay

    > In news:igpaco$3qr$-september.org,
    > BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:
    >> Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay
    >> hard drives that fits this laptop?

    > Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number or
    > a model number for one?

    Is this what you're looking for?

    <http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7031>
    (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs>)

    If so, that page has model and part numbers.

    If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
    and see if they have it.

    <http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f01a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8>
    (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha>)

    Ken Whiton
    --
    FIDO: 1:132/152
    InterNet: (remove the obvious to reply)

    Ken Whiton, Jan 16, 2011
  4. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    Ken Whiton typed on Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:36:13 -0500:
    > *-* On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, at 14:30:15 -0600,
    > *-* In Article <igt04o$gtj$-september.org>,
    > *-* BillW50 wrote
    > *-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay
    >
    >> In news:igpaco$3qr$-september.org,
    >> BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:
    >>> Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay
    >>> hard drives that fits this laptop?

    >> Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number or
    >> a model number for one?

    > Is this what you're looking for?
    >
    > <http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7031>
    > (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs>)
    >
    > If so, that page has model and part numbers.
    >
    > If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
    > and see if they have it.
    >
    > <http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f01a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8>
    > (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha>)

    Hi Ken! Much thanks! Although the first link is just a blank that just
    plugs up the modular bay slot. Although I probably should get one of
    those someday to add to my collection. ;-)

    Currently I have three M465e and besides the optical drives that fit
    into the modular bay, I have a second battery (makes swapping of the
    main battery easy while the laptop is running) and a floppy drive.
    Besides the blank, I am only missing the second hard drive modular bay
    carrier. I saw one once on the Internet for sale and I thought no big
    rush as I could get one later. Although it seems like they just
    disappeared from the radar. :-(

    That second link was quite interesting, but nothing for these Gateways.
    Although I will contact them to see what they can come up with. ;-)

    BillW50, Jan 16, 2011
  5. BillW50

    Ken Whiton Guest

    *-* On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, at 08:33:55 -0600,
    *-* In Article <iguvkl$46l$-september.org>,
    *-* BillW50 wrote
    *-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay

    > In news:,
    > Ken Whiton typed on Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:36:13 -0500:
    >> *-* BillW50 wrote

    >>> In news:igpaco$3qr$-september.org,
    >>> BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:

    >>> Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number
    >>> or a model number for one?

    >> Is this what you're looking for?

    >> <http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7031>
    >> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs>)

    >> If so, that page has model and part numbers.

    >> If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
    >> and see if they have it.

    >> <http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f01a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8>
    >> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha>)

    > Hi Ken! Much thanks! Although the first link is just a blank that
    > just plugs up the modular bay slot.

    I thought it was something like that, but I decided to give you
    the link anyway. After all, you know more about these modular bays
    than I do. ;-)

    > Although I probably should get
    > one of those someday to add to my collection. ;-)

    > Currently I have three M465e and besides the optical drives that fit
    > into the modular bay, I have a second battery (makes swapping of the
    > main battery easy while the laptop is running)

    Most of the links returned by my Google search were
    battery-related, but since they didn't appear relevant to your quest I
    didn't follow them.

    > and a floppy drive.
    > Besides the blank, I am only missing the second hard drive modular
    > bay carrier. I saw one once on the Internet for sale and I thought
    > no big rush as I could get one later. Although it seems like they
    > just disappeared from the radar. :-(

    > That second link was quite interesting, but nothing for these
    > Gateways. Although I will contact them to see what they can come up
    > with. ;-)

    That link came from a forum discussion that my Google search
    turned up. In case there might be something else you could use in
    that discussion, it's here:

    <http://www.notebookforums.com/thread227812.html>.

    Here's my Google search results page:

    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Gateway+%22Modular+Bay%22&aq=f&aqi=g-v1&aql=&oq=>
    (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/6c9yt25>), in case there's something
    else there that you can use.

    Ken Whiton

    Ken Whiton, Jan 17, 2011
  6. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    Ken Whiton typed on Mon, 17 Jan 2011 04:35:37 -0500:
    > *-* On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, at 08:33:55 -0600,
    > *-* In Article <iguvkl$46l$-september.org>,
    > *-* BillW50 wrote
    > *-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Ken Whiton typed on Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:36:13 -0500:
    >>> *-* BillW50 wrote

    >>> Is this what you're looking for?

    >>> <http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7031>
    >>> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs>)

    >>> If so, that page has model and part numbers.

    >>> If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
    >>> and see if they have it.

    >>> <http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f01a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8>
    >>> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha>)

    >> Hi Ken! Much thanks! Although the first link is just a blank that
    >> just plugs up the modular bay slot.

    > I thought it was something like that, but I decided to give you
    > the link anyway. After all, you know more about these modular bays
    > than I do. ;-)
    >
    >> Although I probably should get
    >> one of those someday to add to my collection. ;-)

    >> Currently I have three M465e and besides the optical drives that fit
    >> into the modular bay, I have a second battery (makes swapping of the
    >> main battery easy while the laptop is running)

    > Most of the links returned by my Google search were
    > battery-related, but since they didn't appear relevant to your quest I
    > didn't follow them.
    >
    >> and a floppy drive.
    >> Besides the blank, I am only missing the second hard drive modular
    >> bay carrier. I saw one once on the Internet for sale and I thought
    >> no big rush as I could get one later. Although it seems like they
    >> just disappeared from the radar. :-(

    >> That second link was quite interesting, but nothing for these
    >> Gateways. Although I will contact them to see what they can come up
    >> with. ;-)

    > That link came from a forum discussion that my Google search
    > turned up. In case there might be something else you could use in
    > that discussion, it's here:
    >
    > <http://www.notebookforums.com/thread227812.html>.
    >
    > Here's my Google search results page:
    >
    > <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Gateway+%22Modular+Bay%22&aq=f&aqi=g-v1&aql=&oq=>
    > (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/6c9yt25>), in case there's something
    > else there that you can use.
    >
    > Ken Whiton

    Thanks Ken! That looks a lot like something they modified to work in the
    modular bay slot. And I got email late last night from the newmodeus
    people. And they said they haven't seen a Gateway M465 modular bay yet
    and wants some pictures. And they said I might need to use some parts
    from one of my optical drives (optical drives are easy to find on eBay
    for $20-$25) to make it work with what they have.

    Both the optical and the floppy drives use the standard slimline CD/DVD
    connector. I assume the hard drive modular bay uses the same one. The
    only other connector inside of the bay is a heavy 5 pin connector. And
    the only thing I know that uses that connector is the second battery.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Core2 Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP

    BillW50, Jan 18, 2011