    good video for photos and DVDs, and I didn't want to spend hundreds of
    dollars. Thanks for any info, it is greatly appreciated.

    Patty

    Patty, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Patty

    Ted F Guest

    You may have to go into the Mainboards BIOS to change the AGP settings from
    4X to 8X.

    Both, the Mainboard and Video card goes up to 8X, So, you should not have
    any problems switching the AGP settings in the Mainboard BIOS. Aso, make
    sure you installed the AGP drivers for the ASUS Mainboard, found on the ASUS
    installation CD.

    Try "PC WIZARD 2006" to check the current speed of the Video card.
    http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    Ted F, Apr 26, 2006

  3. Patty

    Conor Guest

    In article <1kk9eup73cqs2.c0r51en9xfre$>, Patty says...
    > I just purchased an XFX GeForce 6200 AGP card. Model #PV-T44A-WANG. I
    > have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard that has an AGP-Pro slot (AGP 3.0,
    > 1.5V). I also have an Enermax 350w power supply. I can't find many specs
    > relating to voltage for this card, not even on the XFX website. The specs
    > at Tiger Direct were a little confusing, 8X (0.8V)/4X (1.5V). So, does
    > that mean this card only runs 4X at 1.5V?

    No. It runs at both. It'll basically run on a motherboard that has a
    0.8V AGP slot or one that has a 1.5V AGP slot.

    I'm concerned that it might not
    > run on my Asus board. I've seem way too many conflicting specs on the net
    > also. Most say that you need an "available hard disk drive power dongle".
    > Huh? There's no where on my card that I can see that power would plug
    > into.

    Not all cards need it.

    The box says minimum power supply is 250w, some website specs report
    > 300w - 350w. Does anyone have this card and have they had sucess with it
    > in a board that requires 1.5V AGP?

    It'll work. It's not a very powerful card so doesn't need whacking
    great PSUs.

    --
    Conor,

    Same shit, different day.

    Conor, Apr 26, 2006
  4. Patty

    Patty Guest

    On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:05:28 GMT, Ted F wrote:

    > You may have to go into the Mainboards BIOS to change the AGP settings from
    > 4X to 8X.
    >
    > Both, the Mainboard and Video card goes up to 8X, So, you should not have
    > any problems switching the AGP settings in the Mainboard BIOS. Aso, make
    > sure you installed the AGP drivers for the ASUS Mainboard, found on the ASUS
    > installation CD.
    >
    > Try "PC WIZARD 2006" to check the current speed of the Video card.
    > http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

    Thanks. Yes, I have the current NForce2 AGP drivers installed. Looking at
    my manual, I see that the BIOS gives the following settings for AGP: AGP
    Spread Spectrum (default Disabled), Graphics Aperture Size (default 64M),
    AGP Frequency (default Auto), Voltage (default 1.5v), AGP 8X Support
    (default Enabled), and AGP Fast Write Capability (default Enabled) so I
    don't think I'll really have to change anything, but we'll see how it goes.

    Another question. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and I'm just wondering
    about installing the drivers. I'm currently using the GeForce2 MX driver
    that came with XP. Should I remove this driver by seleting uninstall in
    Device Manager then shutting down the system and installing the new card?
    I love that the Installation Guide gives 3 methods of installing the new
    driver. If the first (automatically running off the CD) doesn't work, then
    manually install off the CD. If that doesn't work then use the "Update
    Driver" option on Device Manager. The manual also says to set your old
    driver to Standard VGA, but that is not an option in XP that I can see, I
    remember doing that in prior versions of Windows. So, I'm guessing I just
    uninstall the driver and then proceed from there.

    Thanks!

    Patty

    Patty, Apr 26, 2006
  5. Patty

    Patty Guest

    On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:33:50 +0100, Conor wrote:

    > In article <1kk9eup73cqs2.c0r51en9xfre$>, Patty says...
    >> I just purchased an XFX GeForce 6200 AGP card. Model #PV-T44A-WANG. I
    >> have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard that has an AGP-Pro slot (AGP 3.0,
    >> 1.5V). I also have an Enermax 350w power supply. I can't find many specs
    >> relating to voltage for this card, not even on the XFX website. The specs
    >> at Tiger Direct were a little confusing, 8X (0.8V)/4X (1.5V). So, does
    >> that mean this card only runs 4X at 1.5V?

    > No. It runs at both. It'll basically run on a motherboard that has a
    > 0.8V AGP slot or one that has a 1.5V AGP slot.
    >

    > I'm concerned that it might not
    >> run on my Asus board. I've seem way too many conflicting specs on the net
    >> also. Most say that you need an "available hard disk drive power dongle".
    >> Huh? There's no where on my card that I can see that power would plug
    >> into.

    > Not all cards need it.
    >
    > The box says minimum power supply is 250w, some website specs report
    >> 300w - 350w. Does anyone have this card and have they had sucess with it
    >> in a board that requires 1.5V AGP?

    > It'll work. It's not a very powerful card so doesn't need whacking
    > great PSUs.

    Thanks. I wasn't really looking for a real expensive powerful card, I've
    been using a GeForce2 MX (which I bought when the GeForce first came out)
    and it pretty much took care of my needs. Now, I just wanted to get
    something with a bit more RAM and features, such as the Shading, before AGP
    cards disappear from the market in favor of PCI-E.

    Patty

    Patty, Apr 26, 2006