GeForce 7950 GTOC - Animation Paging Out of Order

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Damaeus, Jul 18, 2012.

  1. Damaeus

    Damaeus Guest

    I've got a GeForce 7950 GTOC, and in some games, there's an animation
    problem. For example, in Square Enix's PlayOnline application to launch
    Final Fantasy XI, after Windows XP Home has been running for a while, the
    animation of the PlayOnline viewer is messed up. The paging is all out of
    order. Rebooting the computer fixes it, but the longer WinXP is running,
    the more screwed up the animation gets. Imagine a couple of seconds of
    animation in which the pages play in a random order. That's what it looks
    like, jittery and jumping all over the place. Final Fantasy XI, itself,
    however, animates normally as do most other games.

    Updating the driver has never helped.

    What do you think the problem could be?

    --
    ..---------------------------------------------------------------------.
    | Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32x | |
    | AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ | |
    | 2 GB DDR2 800 SDRAM | |
    | Western Digital 320GB HD (NTFS) | |
    | NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT 512MB | EAT AT JOE'S |
    | Borrowing a Monitor DELL (Yuck!) | |
    | Visioneer OneTouch 9120 Scanner | |
    | Logitech Desktop Microphone 600 | |
    | Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround | |
    | PSU: Thermaltake SP-850AH3CCB 850w | |
    | OS: MS Windows XP Home Edition - SP2 (5.1.2600) |
    | E-mail/Usenet: Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186 |
    | Web: Opera 12.00 build 1467 |
    | Instant Message: Pidgin 2.10.0 |
    '---------------------------------------------------------------------'
    Damaeus, Jul 18, 2012

  2. Damaeus

    Damaeus Guest

    In news:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Damaeus
    <> posted on Wed, 18 Jul 2012 06:57:42 -0500
    the following:

    > I've got a GeForce 7950 GTOC, and in some games, there's an animation
    > problem. For example, in Square Enix's PlayOnline application to launch
    > Final Fantasy XI, after Windows XP Home has been running for a while, the
    > animation of the PlayOnline viewer is messed up. The paging is all out of
    > order. Rebooting the computer fixes it, but the longer WinXP is running,
    > the more screwed up the animation gets. Imagine a couple of seconds of
    > animation in which the pages play in a random order. That's what it looks
    > like, jittery and jumping all over the place. Final Fantasy XI, itself,
    > however, animates normally as do most other games.

    Oh, I didn't have this problem with PlayOnline on the last computer I built. It
    didn't start until I built the new one, the specifications for which are in the
    original post for this thread.

    Here's my old rig:

    Old System Credentials - Hardware
    Motherboard : Abit NF7 -
    AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1333 MHz (Not Overclocked)
    CoolerMaster DP5-6H51 (Recommended by AMD)
    DIMM3 - 512 MB PC-3200 DDR400 SD-RAM (Infineon)
    DIMM2 - 256 MB PC-3200 DDR400 SD-RAM (Unknown Brand)
    AGP : Chaintech GeForce FX 5600XT (128MB DDR-RAM)
    Running nVidia Version 61.77 Reference Drivers
    NEC MultiSync FP2141SB 22" Monitor @ 1600 x 1200 x 85Hz
    PCI 1 : Empty
    PCI 2 : Hauppauge WinTV 404 TV 61201 Rev. B226
    PCI 3 : DSI DI3635 v.90 Fax/Voice WinModem 56k
    PCI 4 : SoundBlaster Live Platinum 5.1
    Front Speaker Output: Altec Lansing 5.1
    Rear Speaker Output: Altec Lansing 5.1
    Center Speaker Output: Altec Lansing 5.1
    Gameport: Gravis xTerminator Digital Gamepad
    Mic: Packard Bell Microphone
    PCI 5 : Empty

    Serial 1 : (COM1) Empty
    Serial 2 : (COM2) Empty

    Parallel : Xerox Workcentre XE80

    USB 1 : Visioneer OneTouch 9120USB Scanner
    USB 2 : NEC MultiSync FP2141SB 22" Monitor (provides extra USB ports)
    USB 3 : Empty
    USB 4 : Handspring Cradle

    PS/2 1 : Logitech Optical MouseMan Wheel
    PS/2 2 : Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite
    CueCat Barcode Scanner

    Case: Antec SX1030B (Black)
    Power Supply: 500 Watts
    Belkin Universal UPS with Automatic Voltage Regulation
    (1000 VA, 75-minute backup)
    5.25 #1 ex: Empty
    5.25 #2 ex: Aopen 52x CDRW
    5.25 #3 ex: Toshiba SD-R1002 CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combination Drive
    CD Digital Out to SB Live Platinum 5.1 in PCI #4
    CD Analog Out to SB Live Platinum 5.1 in PCI #4
    5.25 #4 ex: Creative Soundblaster Platinum 5.1 Live Drive II/IR
    3.5 #1 ex: Empty
    3.5 #2 ex: Empty
    3.5 #3 in: Empty
    3.5 #4 in: Western Digital WD800JBRTL 80GB ATA-100 7200RPM HardDrive
    HighPoint IDE3a (Master)
    3.5 #5 in: axtor 30GB ATA-66 7200RPM Hard Drive Model 53076U6
    VIA IDE1a (Slave)
    3.5 #6 in: Empty

    Cooling :
    CPU: Heatsink : CoolerMaster DP5-6H51 (Recommended by AMD)
    Rear:
    P/S Cooling Fan : Antec DF1208SL - 0.20 amp - 12 volt
    Rear Cooling Fan 1 : Antec DF1208SL - 0.20 amp - 12 volt
    Rear Cooling Fan 2 : Manhattan 700894 Ball Bearing
    Front :
    Front Cooling Fan 1 : Silencer Mod. 802812 - 0.075 amp
    Front Cooling Fan 2 : Generic Fan
    Damaeus, Jul 18, 2012