    My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
    still seems very hot.
    What is the normal running temperature of this card?
    DotCom2, Aug 15, 2010

  2. DotCom2

    peter Guest

    On this hot 28 degree day with the fan at 30% mine is running at 72 degrees
    according to GPU-Z
    Just finished playing a mild game.

    peter

    If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or
    disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting
    complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :)

    peter, Aug 16, 2010

  3. DotCom2

    rms Guest

    > My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
    > still seems very hot.

    Vacuum out the heatsink, it's full of dustbunnies.

    rms
    rms, Aug 16, 2010
  4. DotCom2

    DotCom2 Guest

    I did. It's still running at 154 degrees F at idle.

    DotCom2, Aug 16, 2010
  5. "DotCom2" <> wrote in message
    >I did. It's still running at 154 degrees F at idle.
    >

    > "rms" wrote in message news:i4boqd$3cl$-september.org...
    >> My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
    >> still seems very hot.

    > Vacuum out the heatsink, it's full of dustbunnies.
    >
    > rms

    Your idle temperature of 67.8°C (154°F) is normal.

    I have two EVGA 8800GTS 512 G92 running in 2-way SLI mode. The first card
    has an idle temperature of 62°C and the second card has an idle temperature
    of 69°C. Neither card is overclocked and fans are at stock speed of 37%.
    Homer Jay Simpson, Aug 17, 2010
  6. DotCom2

    Augustus Guest

    "DotCom2" <> wrote in message
    > My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
    > still seems very hot.
    > What is the normal running temperature of this card?

    The Galaxy 8800GT I have in one system runs at about the same
    temps.......they are hotter running due to the narrow shrouded fan single
    slot design. Blowing it out would help.....increasing default fan speed and
    venting the case would too. The fans on these are noisy when ramped up
    however.
    Augustus, Aug 18, 2010
  7. DotCom2

    johns Guest

    > What is the normal running temperature of this card?

    Mine went up in smoke last year. I called BFG and they
    said that 95 degrees C was normal :) Bullshit. I was
    able to cool the thing with a Zalman fan, but the damage
    was already done. After it blew, I went to EVGA and
    bought a GTX 275 GT. It is much quieter, and idles
    at 35 degrees C. I never hear the fan. I do have a door
    fan blowing on it, and a fan in front of the case blows
    that way too. Also, I removed the slot covers on both
    sides of the 275 so that air blows out of the case in
    that area. Works great. But caution. The 275 is about
    3 feet long :) It won't fit in a lot of cases.

    johns
    johns, Sep 5, 2010