    Which one pulls the least power?

    SV

    , Sep 20, 2006

  2. Phil Weldon Guest

    'SV' wrote:
    | I have read online that these two cards have very low power
    | requirements:
    |
    | Geforce FX 5200 256mb AGP and ATI Radeon 9550 256mb AGP
    |
    | But I cannot determine which one has the - least - power requirements.
    |
    | Which one pulls the least power?
    _____

    Both of those cards are a bit old for much real information about power
    consumption to be left around the internet. Keep in mind that some newer
    cards with smaller feature size on the chips can actually use less power
    than some older cards.

    At
    <http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ati-vs-nv-power_10.html>
    you can find information that compare ACTUAL power consumption of some
    moderately old nVidia and ATI display adapters.

    On the page you can see the numbers for nVidia 5700 models and ATI 9600
    models.

    Note that a nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra uses less power than the much less
    capable nVidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra.

    I would guess that the power usage of the two cards you mention is too low
    for the difference to make a difference.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Sep 20, 2006