Genlockable twin composite output?

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Richard Cavell, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I want a computer to take the following input:

    - A composite signal that the computer will genlock itself to

    And produce the following output:

    - A composite signal in PAL format that is genlocked to the input
    - A second composite signal in PAL format that is genlocked to the
    input, and synchronous with the first output.

    What's the cheapest way I can do this? Obsolete hardware and
    less-than-perfect options are what I need.

    The reason why I need this is to drive a vision switcher that takes a
    signal into its key bus, as well as an alpha signal. I want to play a
    grayscale animation which represents the alpha component, synchronised
    to the key signal, and it all has to be genlocked to the black
    generator. Now, playing the two animations simultaneously is a bit of a
    problem, but it's a software problem. I'm trying to avoid having to
    spend many thousands of dollars on a DigiSuite or equivalent, when it
    seems that consumer-level hardware can produce an S-video output that
    does most of what I want!
    Richard Cavell, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Richard Cavell

    Matt Guest

    Is the input also PAL or will it be NTSC or some other format?

    ..

    Matt, Oct 19, 2004

  3. On 20/10/04 3:22 AM, Matt wrote:

    > Is the input also PAL or will it be NTSC or some other format?

    The input is from a PAL black generator. I'm not proposing any kind of
    scan converter.
    Richard Cavell, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Richard Cavell

    Matt Guest

    > On 20/10/04 3:22 AM, Matt wrote:
    >
    >> Is the input also PAL or will it be NTSC or some other format?

    > The input is from a PAL black generator. I'm not proposing any kind of
    > scan converter.

    sorry... I guess I misread... I'm not aware of a consumer card that could
    do this but there are bound to be some older NLE edit suites (or at least
    their capture cards) on ebay or somewhere that could handle this quite
    easily. I got a Pinnacle ReelTime card on ebay a couple of months ago that
    will almost do this (though this was an NTSC) for around $250. The only
    difference is that this card only has one composite out, but it also has
    svhs, component and SDI out...
    Matt, Oct 20, 2004