getting the HP tc1100 wacom tablet to work under windows xpprofessional

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Mike, Jan 14, 2009.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hello,

    I'm trying to get the wacom digitizer of an HP tc1100 to work under
    windows xp professional (not tablet edition). I understand that I
    won't get all the features of tablet edition but my tc1100 came
    without an os and I don't own a copy of tablet edition.

    I've tried the driver from the hp website meant for tablet edition
    found here:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...esId=376810&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1059
    It installed fine but produced no results.

    I've also tried the generic wacom tablet pc driver from here:
    http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm?CFID=10177919&CFTOKEN=50946316
    This also installed fine but had no result. I've downloaded some
    older versions of the generic driver but those did not work either.

    I've gotten the wacom tablet to work under windows xp professional
    with a Fujitsu st4110 tablet pc with the generic wacom driver so it
    seems like there should be a way for the HP tc1100 as well.

    Thank you for the help.

    Mike, Jan 14, 2009

  2. Mike

    John Guest

    Re: getting the HP tc1100 wacom tablet to work under windows xp professional

    On 1/14/2009 4:04:48 PM, Mike wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to get the wacom digitizer of an HP tc1100 to work under
    > windows xp professional (not tablet edition). I understand that I
    > won't get all the features of tablet edition but my tc1100 came
    > without an os and I don't own a copy of tablet edition.
    >
    > I've tried the driver from the hp website meant for tablet edition
    > found here:
    > http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?

    lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=376812&prodSeriesId=376810&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1059
    > It installed fine but produced no results.
    >
    > I've also tried the generic wacom tablet pc driver from here:
    > http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm?CFID=10177919&CFTOKEN=50946316
    > This also installed fine but had no result. I've downloaded some
    > older versions of the generic driver but those did not work either.
    >
    > I've gotten the wacom tablet to work under windows xp professional
    > with a Fujitsu st4110 tablet pc with the generic wacom driver so it
    > seems like there should be a way for the HP tc1100 as well.
    >
    > Thank you for the help.

    Someone else may chime in here, but I'm guessing when you say you got the
    tablet to work under XP on the Fujitsu, that you got the touch interface
    working, not the actual tablet bits from a normal tablet version of the OS
    installed? So it functioned as a touch screen / pointing device without the
    normal extras the tablet PC's see with Tablet edition?

    The 1100 used the wacom digitizer rather than the finepoint one in the 1000,
    so I would have expected you to at least get the mouse type use out of it.
    Are there any unknown devices or anything banged out in device manager?

    --
    John

    John, Jan 16, 2009

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Thats exactly what I mean. In the fujitsu computer the digitizer
    worked as a pointing device. I used 3rd party applications to replace
    the tablet input panel and windows journal. This worked fine for my
    needs and I was happy with it. Having the wacom digitizer work as a
    pointing device is all I wish to accomplish on the hp tc1100 computer.

    In the device manager I see:

    Under Human Interface Devices-
    HID compliant consumer control device
    HID compliant device
    USB human interface device
    Virtual keyboard driver
    virtual media keys
    wacom HID digitizer
    wacom HID pen
    wacom ISD HID minidriver
    wacom virtual HID driver

    Under Mice and other pointing devices-
    HID compliant mouse
    wacom mouse

    all these devices say they are functioning properly. I can click the
    Pen Tablet Properties icon in the control panel and adjust all the
    settings for the pen. Just nothing happens when I bring the pen to
    the screen.

    Mike, Jan 16, 2009
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Actually I forgot what you were asking.

    There's one unknown device, it says:

    Device type: other devices
    Manufacturer: unknown
    Location: on intel 82801DBM LPC interface controller

    could this be the culprit?

    Mike, Jan 16, 2009
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I clicked update driver for the previously mentioned unknown device
    and selected the "intel 82801DBM LPC interface controller 24CC
    (intel)" driver from the list. wacom digitizer still does not work.

    Mike, Jan 16, 2009
  6. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Tried reinstalling wacom driver, and success!

    Thank you.

    Mike, Jan 16, 2009
  7. Mike

    On 1/16/2009 11:47:11 AM, Mike wrote:
    > Tried reinstalling wacom driver, and success!
    >
    > Thank you.

    Glad to hear you were able to beat it into submission. Sometimes they just
    gotta be shown whose boss.

    --
    John

    John, Jan 16, 2009
  8. Re: getting the HP tc1100 wacom tablet to work under windows xp professional

    Mike wrote:

    > I'm trying to get the wacom digitizer of an HP tc1100 to work under
    > windows xp professional (not tablet edition). I understand that I
    > won't get all the features of tablet edition but my tc1100 came
    > without an os and I don't own a copy of tablet edition.

    I'm glad to see that you could solve the problem with the Wacom driver.

    Still I think that you loose ways to much when working with the
    "standard" XP instead of the TabletPC edition.

    Therefore - if you want to stay with XP - call the HP hotline and ask if
    they still have the system (recovery) CDs available. If so you could get
    them for a nominal fee.

    The other - as to my experience better - option would be to install
    Vista.
    It has everything needed built-in.
    I did so with my tc1100 almost a year ago and I'm very happy that I did
    it.
    Vista has improved TabletPC functionality and works really well.
    Although HP does not offer any support and no drivers for the tc1100 and
    Vista, following a comprehensive paper on how to go [1], I got all of
    the functionality to work.

    Rainald
    [1]
    http://tabletwiki.com/mpc/index.php?title=HP/TC1100/Windows_Vista_Installation_Notes