    Thank you
    Peter
    Queensland, Australia

    Peter, Oct 4, 2010

  2. Peter

    Paul Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > Can any one direct to a site that has the installation cd to suit the
    > above motherboard. In a haste, i have thrown it out by mistake, now i
    > can't reinstall WIndows XP professional 32 bit system.
    > Any help will be much appreciated.
    > Thank you
    > Peter
    > Queensland, Australia

    You can download the drivers individually, in advance, from the web
    site. It's not a CD, but it should allow you to get up and running.

    "GA-M61PME-S2 (rev. 2.x) NVIDIA GeForce 6100 / nForce 430 chipset"

    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2755#dl

    You'd install "Chipset/LAN" in any case. I might do that one first.

    If you're installing in a RAID mode, you might want the SATA RAID one.
    It might have an option to prepare an F6 floppy with TXTSETUP.OEM and
    friends on it.

    The VGA package would be needed, if the computer monitor will be
    connected to the built-in VGA connector. If you've plugged in
    a separate video card, then you'd get the driver from the
    CD in the video card box.

    The top two audio driver packages, include RealTek and Microsoft UAA.
    If you have WinXP SP3 or installed SP3 Service Pack, before doing
    drivers, then UAA should already be present in System Devices in
    Device Manager. If you have WinXP SP1 or SP2, and are staying
    at one of those service pack levels forever (not recommended), then
    the RealTek driver has UAA for SP1 and SP2 included. Or, you could
    install the separate Microsoft UAA package first (over top of SP1 or SP2,
    then when the RealTek runs, it won't need to invoke the hotfix for UAA.
    I know that is very confusing, and there is undoubtedly a discussion
    on the web somewhere, about possible failure modes for this.
    I'd probably run the RealTek one standalone, and see what happens.
    But you can download both, just so you're prepared.

    If you only downloaded the "Chipset/LAN" one, then chances are
    you could "bootstrap" yourself out of trouble. You'd be able
    to browse the web after that one was installed, and download
    other drivers.

    Nvidia also offers "Chipset" driver packages from their site.
    This would be the equivalent of the Gigabyte one.

    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

    Legacy
    nForce 4 Series
    nForce 430 / GeForce 6100
    Windows XP
    English (US)

    That will return a driver like this:

    Version: 15.26
    Release Date: 2009.03.16
    Operating System: Windows XP
    File Size: 162 MB

    Inside, it has separate driver sections. Typically, you
    can tick the ones you want to install. If the motherboard
    is using the Ethernet controller inside the chipset, then
    installing the "Ethernet Driver" would enable it, and allow
    you to surf the web. (I usually look up, what things like
    this are for, before installing all of them. Just make sure
    the disk operating mode in the BIOS, is set the way you'll
    need it, for later, and then you could likely get away
    with installing all of it.)

    * Ethernet Driver (v67.89) WHQL
    * Network Management Tools (v67.96) "Sedona"
    * SATAIDE Driver (v10.3.0.46) WHQL
    * SATARAID Driver (v10.3.0.46) WHQL
    * RAIDTOOL Application (v10.3.0.46)
    * SMU Driver (v1.61) WHQL
    * SMBus Driver (v4.69) WHQL
    * Away Mode Driver (v6.0.6000.107) WHQL
    * Installer (v6.69)

    You don't absolutely need the CD, unless there is some
    utility on there that is worth having.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Oct 4, 2010