Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by bodd, Apr 11, 2011.

1. bodd

bodd

i have a Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2 with amd 6000+ ihave 2 sata hard drives and 1 ide cd rom and 1 ide burner.The burner is not working so bought a new one but it is a sata burner.My mother board only has 2 sata connectors which are taken so i had to get a ide to sata connector i have connected power to it and pluged into sata connector .computer wont start even took one hd out of sata socket and put burner sata in that one and still woulnt start.So put it back to normal and plugged ide cable back in and its ok.Connected the rom in my sons computer which is older than mine and it works staight away.i have also tried it in one of the hd sata slots and left the ide one in as well and the arrays media sheild see it nearly boots but tells me disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter.i think its some settings in the bois but not sure .somebody please help

bodd, Apr 11, 2011
Ask a Question