    television. Seems there is an ATI HDMI option anda realtek digital
    audio option. Any help will be appreciated.

    Thank You

    heavycaliber, Jun 7, 2008

  2. heavycaliber

    Paul Guest

    heavycaliber wrote:
    > Hello Everyone, i have the system configured and all of the drivers
    > loaded. AM2 4450e, 2gb crucial ballistix 800mhz, segate 300gb sata,
    > philips dhmi cable, sony bravia LCD tv.
    >
    > I have the digital sound enabled but I am not getting sound to my
    > television. Seems there is an ATI HDMI option anda realtek digital
    > audio option. Any help will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thank You

    The user manual mentions selecting Realtek HDA HDMI.

    The people in this thread seemed to have stereo working,
    and eventually one poster got passthru to work. Three drivers
    are mentioned in the list.

    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1028559

    "There are three drivers needed.

    1. The onboard Realtek audio drivers
    2. ATI CCC and drivers
    3. Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Device driver (now version R1.92)

    Without the third driver the system will use a basic MS driver
    which only supports 2-channel LPCM (no passthrough). The ATI
    HDMI Audio Device driver adds AC3 passthrough support (at
    least it does on the discrete cards)."

    The implication is, if just the ATI CCC was present, for HDMI,
    then you'd at least get 2 channel stereo. The last post in the
    thread, mentions that Catalyst 8.5 kills the sound, implying
    going back to a previous version might work.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 7, 2008