Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 + E8500 C0 woes

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Les Matthew, Mar 18, 2009.

  1. Les Matthew

    Les Matthew Guest

    I've had this motherboard running for about three months with an E6600
    crunching folding@home no problems with the F8 BIOS.

    I've also had the E8500 in an Asus P5K for the same period of time also
    crunching folding@home with no problems either.

    X38-DQ6 was flashed with the F8 BIOS when I initially installed the
    E8500 this morning, power on and all I get is all the fans
    start-stop-start-stop ad infinitum with no post or boot.

    So, flashed with the latest f9f beta BIOS and it still does the same.
    Power on, all fans spin up for a second then stop, rinse and repeat...

    Tried it with two different lots of memory,
    some corsair dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D and some corsair M2X1024-6400C4.

    CMOS has been cleared, cables etc checked also.

    The GA-X38-DQ6 PCB has "REV: 1.0" marked on it.

    Enermax 625Watt MODU82+ Psu
    Geforce 7900GS vid
    160GB WD HDD
    DVD-ROM
    floppy

    Not impressed, an Asus motherboard that cost half the price of of the
    Gigabyte
    runs with the E8500 aok and the X38-DQ6 barfs.

    Anybody got any ideas?

    les...

    Les Matthew, Mar 18, 2009