Give an exclusive irq to AGP

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Hio, Dec 27, 2006.

  1. Hio

    Hio Guest

    Hi,
    I've a problem with my KT3 Ultra ARU. I installed a new graphic card
    (Radeon 9800) and I moved/removed some pci card. Now the agp card shares the
    irq (16) with "NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller(B1)". With the older
    hw configuration (radeon 8500) I don't know if the irq was shared, but I had
    no problems. With the new configuration I've some problems, for example if I
    open a document with images in word 2003 the screen becomes black, and
    sometimes that happens with games also. If I disabled Nec Host Controller
    from Device manager and restart the pc all works well.
    How can I give an exclusive irq to agp ?

    My configuration:

    AGP -> Radeon 9800
    PCI Slot 1 (near agp) -> empty
    PCI Slot 2 -> Ethernet card
    PCI Slot 3 -> empty
    PCI Slot 4 -> empty
    PCI Slot 5 -> ISDN Modem

    IRQ:
    IRQ 01 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    IRQ 03 Communications Port (COM2)
    IRQ 04 Communications Port (COM1)
    IRQ 06 Standard floppy disk controller
    IRQ 08 System CMOS/real time clock
    IRQ 09 VAXSCSI Controller
    IRQ 09 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
    IRQ 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    IRQ 13 Numeric data processor
    IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel
    IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel
    IRQ 16 NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller (B1)
    IRQ 16 RADEON 9800 PRO (Microsoft Corporation)
    IRQ 17 ASUSCOM P-IN-100(C,D) ISDNLink-00
    IRQ 17 Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
    IRQ 18 NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
    IRQ 19 NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
    IRQ 21 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller
    IRQ 22 Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller

    Thanks in advance

    Hio

    Hio, Dec 27, 2006