graphics card reccomendation?

Discussion in 'IBM' started by The dog from that film you saw, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. I'm due to self build a pc in the next month.
    games are not an issue - i won't be playing them , so there's little point
    in getting a cutting edge expensive card.
    however what i do need is for it to have DVI out, also TV out, plus VIVO -
    so i can digitise analogue input

    any reccomendations?

    --
    Gareth
    quote of the day

    1. Advertising

  2. "The dog from that film you saw" <> wrote in message news:<bts2pi$afiq3$-berlin.de>...
    > I'm due to self build a pc in the next month.
    > games are not an issue - i won't be playing them , so there's little point
    > in getting a cutting edge expensive card.
    > however what i do need is for it to have DVI out, also TV out, plus VIVO -
    > so i can digitise analogue input
    >
    > any reccomendations?

    First of all if you don't play ANY games DO NOT BUY A CARD more than
    a $100 or even one more than $70. This video card hype is stupid.
    Everyone trying to out do the next guy with the BEST card. If you're
    into gaming then buy the best one you can afford. I'm into gaming
    a little but not a lot so I bought a card that was $94 shipped.
    And I'm happy as hell that I didn't spend anymore than that.

    Nick

    1. Advertising

    <> wrote in message
    > > I'm due to self build a pc in the next month.
    > > games are not an issue - i won't be playing them , so there's little

    point
    > > in getting a cutting edge expensive card.
    > > however what i do need is for it to have DVI out, also TV out, plus

    VIVO -
    > > so i can digitise analogue input
    > >
    > > any reccomendations?

    > First of all if you don't play ANY games DO NOT BUY A CARD more than
    > a $100 or even one more than $70. This video card hype is stupid.
    > Everyone trying to out do the next guy with the BEST card. If you're
    > into gaming then buy the best one you can afford. I'm into gaming
    > a little but not a lot so I bought a card that was $94 shipped.
    > And I'm happy as hell that I didn't spend anymore than that.

    erm.... which model was it? :)