Great "bargain" in eBay!

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Robert E. Watts, Sep 16, 2006.

  1. Robert E. Watts, Sep 16, 2006

  2. Robert E. Watts

    Ben Myers Guest

    Either somebody wasted some money paying eBay to list this one, or they actually
    think some sucker will spend $1200 (initial bid + shipping). Amazing! People
    can be so ignorant or out of touch or devious. Sort of reminds me of the
    current regime in Washington.

    Any small side bets whether or not this actually sells? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 16, 2006

  3. Hi Ben !

    My sentiments exactly. However, I would like to add one thing. ( And keep
    in mind that I had my own business for over 20 years ... )

    I don't begrudge people for asking insane ( and this auction is insane )
    amounts of money for something. There is the possibility, admittedly remote,
    that some idiot might pay it. I never found those idiots unfortunately.
    :)

    And whatever you do, don't start me on politics. Not a good idea.

    I'll take that bet.

    It won't sell. .. . . :+}

    --
    boBWatts®©
    EartH

    Robert E. Watts, Sep 16, 2006
  4. Robert E. Watts

    Elector Guest

    "Robert E. Watts" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Ben !
    >
    > My sentiments exactly. However, I would like to add one thing. (
    > And keep in mind that I had my own business for over 20 years ... )
    >
    > I don't begrudge people for asking insane ( and this auction is
    > insane ) amounts of money for something. There is the possibility,
    > admittedly remote, that some idiot might pay it. I never found
    > those idiots unfortunately. :)
    >
    > And whatever you do, don't start me on politics. Not a good idea.
    >
    > I'll take that bet.
    >
    > It won't sell. .. . . :+}
    >

    > --
    > boBWatts®©
    > EartH
    > Watts Carburetion Service
    > Whizzbang Computers
    > Official collector of: transfat asian plastic junk trinkets !

    <snip>

    Ben also owns his own business in MA , its Spirit of Something or
    other (sorry Ben its been a long time since I looked at your tag line)
    And for a whole lot of years that I have been on this news group.

    Elector
    Elector, Sep 17, 2006
  5. Robert E. Watts

    Paul Ryan Guest

    Robert E. Watts wrote:
    > Hi Gang!
    >
    > Hurry up and get this one while you still can!
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...40029596261&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    >
    > The Buy it Now for this Packard Bell is a mere $3100, and shipping is only
    > $200!

    That is insane!

    --
    Paul