GTX 480 Unigine and 3D Vision Surround Demo (GF100)

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by rms, Mar 8, 2010.

  1. rms

    rms Guest

    rms, Mar 8, 2010

  2. rms

    Romano Guest

    "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message :
    > Cool. Good to see nVidia upping the immersion factor with 3D surround. It
    > remains to be seen whether a single GTX 480 will have the horsepower to
    > drive the setup with modern games though. (The card will have to maintain
    > 120 fps *minimum* framerate at 5700x1200 to avoid eyestrain.)

    I really doubt that is possible,even for power users with high end gaming
    systems

    Romano, Mar 9, 2010

  3. rms

    deimos Guest

    On 3/8/2010 4:56 PM, First of One wrote:
    > Cool. Good to see nVidia upping the immersion factor with 3D surround. It
    > remains to be seen whether a single GTX 480 will have the horsepower to
    > drive the setup with modern games though. (The card will have to maintain
    > 120 fps *minimum* framerate at 5700x1200 to avoid eyestrain.)

    No the displays/glasses will have to maintain 120hz, you can have
    duplicate frames (i.e. 40fps inside of a 120frame sequence).

    deimos, Mar 9, 2010
  4. > Cool. Good to see nVidia upping the immersion factor with 3D surround. It
    > remains to be seen whether a single GTX 480 will have the horsepower to
    > drive the setup with modern games though. (The card will have to maintain
    > 120 fps *minimum* framerate at 5700x1200 to avoid eyestrain.)

    Wearing glasses to use a computer? I found the idea totally evil.

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.33.1

    Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps), Mar 17, 2010