GW 3522GZ won't boot

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by JW, Jul 1, 2007.

  1. JW

    JW Guest

    Laptop will not boot almost always, no beep codes. Tech support says
    it's bad onboard memory. Does this make sense? How would I replace
    onboard memory (part of Motherboard?) The external memory slot is
    vacant.

    1. Advertising

  2. On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 08:34:26 -0500, wrote:

    > Laptop will not boot almost always, no beep codes. Tech support says
    > it's bad onboard memory. Does this make sense? How would I replace
    > onboard memory (part of Motherboard?) The external memory slot is
    > vacant.

    JW,

    As Ben would say: download and run MEMTEST-86 or MEMTEST-86+, the best
    and completely free memory diagnostics available. If MEMTEST shows even
    one error while running for a couple of hours, either the computer memory
    is defective or possibly there is a motherboard problem.

    JR the postman