    use a new partition, but make it so it adds on to the partition of the
    primary drive and just makes it bigger? Thanks.

    Kyle

    Kyle, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Kyle

    John W Guest

    Kyle wrote:

    > Anyone know if it's possible to add another hard drive and not have to
    > use a new partition, but make it so it adds on to the partition of the
    > primary drive and just makes it bigger? Thanks.
    >
    > Kyle

    This can be done through "software RAID". Try a Google search for
    programs that can do this.

    I would recommend that you just use the second partition though.
    Setting up RAID is often more trouble than it's worth, and the drives
    that you combine cannot be separated or removed from the computer
    without losing data.

    John W, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Kyle

    Mike Walsh Guest

    With WinNT you can append partitions; making them appear as one large partition. I don't know about other versions of windows.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

    Mike Walsh, Apr 25, 2004