    you insert the restore CD it says Restore will not run on this machine.
    Any suggestions on where I can get this hidden file so this guy can use
    the restore CD?

    Will Smith, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Will Smith

    doS Guest

    There is no hidden files, they were visible on the D partition.

    doS, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Will Smith

    David B. Guest

    If the QR cd your trying to use is a single, baby blue colored disk, this disk will only work on the original drive that has the
    system_sav partition and data intact. In order to get the machine back to factory with a new hard drive (other than the imaging
    method) is to call Compaq and order the 2 disk QR kit.

    David B., Jul 22, 2003