    boots normally. Should I be changing some other settings as well and/or am
    I overlooking something.

    Thanks, David

    David Gorick, Feb 17, 2005

  2. David Gorick

    John Lewis Guest

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:47:15 -0800, "David Gorick"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I have an IC7-MAX3 with a 3.0 Northwood P4 and two Maxtor SATA HD's. I
    >wanted to try some mild overclocking by increasing the clock speed. The
    >problem is that at any speed over the 3.0 the bios does not detect the HD's
    >and gives me a boot error. As soon as I lower it back to 3.0 everything
    >boots normally. Should I be changing some other settings as well and/or am
    >I overlooking something.

    Yes, set "AGP Ratio" to "Fixed" in Softmenu and all will be well. Now
    go play with your CPU clock speed. Just make sure that the "Fixed
    AGP/PCI Frequency" setting stays at 66/33.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Feb 17, 2005

  3. David Gorick

    David Gorick Guest

    Thanks John, I'll give that a try and get back with the results.

    David Gorick, Feb 17, 2005
  4. David Gorick

    TomG Guest

    lock the AGP and PCI busses at normal speed (66 and 33 respectively)

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Feb 18, 2005
  5. David Gorick

    David Gorick Guest

    Thanks Tom, but John Lewis beat you to it. His advice was exactly the same
    as yours. I appreciate the response.

    David Gorick, Feb 18, 2005
  6. David Gorick

    TomG Guest

    yeah, saw that... glad you got it sorted

    TomG, Feb 18, 2005