Headphones on Live! Drfive IR...

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Andy Judge, Nov 15, 2004.

  1. Andy Judge

    Andy Judge Guest

    I'm looking to purchase a pair of headphones which I hope to use (not exclusively) on my PC Live 5.1 from the headphone socket on
    the Live! Drive IR.

    Obviously I'd like to get the best match that I can, but I cannot seem to fine the spec for the LD. I believe that it has an
    impedance of 32 ohms, but cannot find the power. Does anybody know ?

    I am looking at either:

    Technics RP-F295 10-27000 Hz, 22 ohm 102 dB
    or
    Behringer HMP1000 20-20000 Hz, 32 ohm, 105 dB

    I know that neither are top-flight, but my feeling is for the Behringer to give me the best volume from the (relatively low) output
    from the LD. Use will be mainly editing of home-recordings from MiniDisc so frequency is fine on either.

    Any help gratefully received.

    AJ
    --
    Andy Judge, Loughborough
    Webmaster for St James the Greater, Leicester

    1. Advertising

  2. Lenny

    Lenny Guest

    > I know that neither are top-flight, but my feeling is for the Behringer to
    > give me the best volume from the (relatively low) output
    > from the LD.

    I guess your choice depends on how deaf exactly you want to go. If you
    prefer "extremely deaf" as opposed to just "very deaf", I suppose the
    Behringer unit would indeed be your best option. ;)

    1. Advertising

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Panasonic Digital, 12,22 dogs run and elephants heel.

    "Lenny" <> wrote in message

    >> I know that neither are top-flight, but my feeling is for the Behringer
    >> to give me the best volume from the (relatively low) output
    >> from the LD.

    > I guess your choice depends on how deaf exactly you want to go. If you
    > prefer "extremely deaf" as opposed to just "very deaf", I suppose the
    > Behringer unit would indeed be your best option. ;)

    ---