    case the heatpipes will be sitting horizontally.
    Does anyone know if they will still operate horizontally or do they need to
    be at least angled up slightly so the liquid can flow back down to the base?
    Jack, Oct 17, 2007

  2. Jack

    Robin Gordon Guest

    I have an arctic freezer64 pro and its pipes are constantly in the
    horizontal position and theres been no problems so far.

    HTH

    Robin
    Robin Gordon, Oct 17, 2007

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    "Robin Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >I have an arctic freezer64 pro and its pipes are constantly in the
    >horizontal position and theres been no problems so far.

    Thanks, that's the same cooler I've just got, just need the CPU now :)
    Jack, Oct 17, 2007
  4. Jack

    Paul Guest

    Jack wrote:
    > Just bought a cpu cooler with heatpipes but when it's fitted to my tower
    > case the heatpipes will be sitting horizontally.
    > Does anyone know if they will still operate horizontally or do they need to
    > be at least angled up slightly so the liquid can flow back down to the base?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_pipe

    To work inverted, a heatpipe relies on capillary action. In the above
    description, they refer to a "sintered" finish on the inside of the
    heatpipe. And that would help, when in an inverted situation. There
    are other similar descriptions, like this one:

    http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1509

    Paul
    Paul, Oct 17, 2007