Help - Best way to install INFs on new Intel Motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Outlander, May 5, 2006.

  1. Outlander

    Outlander Guest

    I have just assembled a PC using an Intel D925XECV2 motherboard.
    I want to install the most recent versions of the INF updates as well as the
    on-board device drivers. The Intel documentation states that the INF updates
    should be installed before any other drivers. I have read the documentation
    that comes with the INF update file and it has left me somewhat confused as
    how to best accomplish this.

    What I have done:
    1. Assembled the hardware
    2. Flashed BIOS with most recent version
    3. Enabled RAID in BIOS
    4. Created RAID Volume
    5. Started Installation of Windows XP Home
    6. Installed RAID driver during XP install
    7. Finished XP install.

    The next step would be to run the Intel Express Installer CD to install the
    INFs and drivers. But of course it will not contain the latest versions.
    I have not proceeded beyond this step

    What I want to do is apply the current INFs that I downloaded from the Intel
    site.

    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...&OSFullName=Windows* XP Home Edition&lang=eng

    The instructions in the readme file associated with the download offer
    multiple ways to
    perform the update and as such have me confused as to which is the best one
    to use in my specific case.

    Does anyone have knowledge of the best way to proceed from this point??

    Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be rendered.

    Outlander, May 5, 2006