help choosing a motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by tailypo, Mar 30, 2009.

  1. tailypo

    tailypo

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Guys I wonder if anyone has any motherboard they would recommend...

    I am building a network of Linux machines that will...
    - behave as routers / WLAN access points / LAN-over mains switches
    - stream audio to and from each other

    The first thing to do is choose which motherboard to buy.

    My target spec is now...

    - audio SPDIF header which has input pin as well as output pin
    - well suited for desktop Debian Linux
    - very common chipset to ensure compatibility
    - doesn't have to be high performance
    - low cost
    - known to be sold in high volumes / commonly used so plenty of Linux drivers
    - ideally dual (or more) LAN ports

    Anybody have any suggestions...?

    Thanks in advance,
    Doug.