Help DDR2 800 Mhz runs at 333 Mhz with Athlon 64 X2

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Setup.exe, Feb 23, 2010.

  1. Setup.exe

    Setup.exe Guest

    Hi everybody

    I just need help to correct bios settings, if possible to get best
    results - no overclock needed (as I havent got the propper cooler for
    the moment) :

    The main problem is my two DDR2 800 - 2 GB each (1) are only recognized
    as DDR 400 Mhz when I set bios to "optimized settings".

    If I put manually the clock ram to 800 Mhz, its never detect at 800 but
    another value (400 Mhz if i remember) AND the OS crashes frequently. If
    I let on Auto it brings DDR2 667 @ 333 Mhz - Dual Channel 128-bits
    Tcl 5 trcd 5 trp 5 tras 14 (1T timing)

    The multiplier seems to be correct and optimal letting the bios choose
    it, it brings : 2000 Mhz (200x10.o)

    I'm lost in how to set the HT frequency, as the menu offers only
    multipliers 1 X to 5 X - so I cannot see the frequency - and dunno if
    there's somthing to change here ?

    I saw this interesting online calculator, but I miss too much infos and
    general understanding to use it :
    http://www.csgnetwork.com/cpuclockcalc.html

    Hope someone can help

    Cheers

    RM

    (1) RAM

    PC6400 800MHz DDR2 DESKTOP PC-2 LOW MEMORY
    Type: DDR2 DIMM
    Capacity : 2 x 2GB SINGLE STICK
    Speed : DDR2 800Mhz PC6400
    Low Density : YES
    Pins : 240Pin
    ECC/Registered : No/No
    Voltage: 1.8V
    CAS Latency : CL 5
    Unbuffered DIMM

    (2) Socket / Motherboard :

    EPOX EP-MF4-J3 Motherboard & AMD 3800+ Dual Core AM2 Pr - Socket Am2
    http://www.epox.com/product.asp?id=EP-MF4-J3

    (3) Processor

    AMD 3800+ Dual Core AM2

    Cpuz said its a Windsor family
    See technical table here : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlon_64_X2#Windsor

    Setup.exe, Feb 23, 2010

  2. Setup.exe

    peter Guest

    Double Data Rate 800 ram actually runs at 400 x2
    set it to 400
    peter
    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :)

    peter, Feb 24, 2010

  3. Setup.exe

    Setup.exe Guest

    On 2/24/2010 4:52 AM, peter wrote:
    > Double Data Rate 800 ram actually runs at 400 x2
    > set it to 400
    > peter

    Uhh, strange .. I figure that 2 x 400 never makes 800 mhz speed ..
    So with the 2 ddr modules it makes 4 x 400 mhz ...?

    I thought the multiplier was to set correctly.

    Well : if i force ddr to 400 : it says 200 mhz on the POST !!!
    It's less than to let the ddr to AUTO (333 Mhz) ...

    Any other idea ?

    Thanks !

    RM

    Setup.exe, Feb 24, 2010