Help: Driver for 7800 GTX

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Pete, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Go easy on me... I've just purchased my first Nvidia card, so I might be
    asking a daft question!

    Anyone running Windows Media Centre with the 7800 GTX?
    If so which driver are you running?
    The reason I ask is that I went to the nvidia download section.
    Selected Geforce and WMC as the O/S. Most recent version is v72.14 (20 June
    2005). The Release notes do not mention the 7800 being supported. :-(

    Tried checking for a driver for XP. Most recent version is v77.72.
    That does support the 7800 and it even mentions in the version highlights
    "Support for GeForce 7800 GTX and GeForce 6200 AGP".

    So would I be right in thinking I'll have to wait for a Media Centre driver
    for the 7800? I did download the XP version which appears to work.
    Whether I've lost some MC functionality - I don't know. Haven't tried it.

    Any help appreciated

    Pete
    Pete, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Pete

    Anthony Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    Bragger

    Anthony, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Pete

    John Lewis Guest

    On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:01:00 +0000 (UTC), Pete
    <> wrote:

    >Go easy on me... I've just purchased my first Nvidia card, so I might be
    >asking a daft question!
    >
    >Anyone running Windows Media Centre with the 7800 GTX?
    >If so which driver are you running?
    >The reason I ask is that I went to the nvidia download section.
    >Selected Geforce and WMC as the O/S. Most recent version is v72.14 (20 June
    > 2005). The Release notes do not mention the 7800 being supported. :-(
    >
    >Tried checking for a driver for XP. Most recent version is v77.72.
    >That does support the 7800 and it even mentions in the version highlights
    >"Support for GeForce 7800 GTX and GeForce 6200 AGP".
    >
    >So would I be right in thinking I'll have to wait for a Media Centre driver
    >for the 7800? I did download the XP version which appears to work.
    >Whether I've lost some MC functionality - I don't know. Haven't tried it.
    >
    >Any help appreciated
    >
    >Pete

    And some of us will have to wait for the price of the 7800GTX to come
    down before we can help you. Sorry.
    Sigh...................

    John Lewis

    - Technology early-birds are flying guinea-pigs.
    John Lewis, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Pete

    JonMaC Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    > Go easy on me... I've just purchased my first Nvidia card, so I might be
    > asking a daft question!
    >
    > Anyone running Windows Media Centre with the 7800 GTX?
    > If so which driver are you running?
    > The reason I ask is that I went to the nvidia download section.
    > Selected Geforce and WMC as the O/S. Most recent version is v72.14 (20
    > June
    > 2005). The Release notes do not mention the 7800 being supported. :-(
    >
    > Tried checking for a driver for XP. Most recent version is v77.72.
    > That does support the 7800 and it even mentions in the version highlights
    > "Support for GeForce 7800 GTX and GeForce 6200 AGP".
    >
    > So would I be right in thinking I'll have to wait for a Media Centre
    > driver
    > for the 7800? I did download the XP version which appears to work.
    > Whether I've lost some MC functionality - I don't know. Haven't tried it.
    >
    > Any help appreciated
    >
    > Pete

    your running a 7800 in Media Centre - lucky bigger ...........I'm only
    jealous lol !!!! ... JonMaC
    JonMaC, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Pete

    dawg Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    There's only one or two drivers for 7800.

    dawg, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Pete

    NeXuS Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    "Anthony" <> wrote in message
    > Bragger

    If ya got one, flaunt it I say. :)
    I know I'll be getting one. ;)
    NeXuS, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Pete

    Anthony Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    Waiste of money right now to get one. My 6600 oc gt will last awhile. 600
    bucks though I could use to get one of those shiny new dual cores or
    something lol or save it for the ps3

    Anthony, Jul 1, 2005
  8. Pete

    NeXuS Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    "Anthony" <> wrote in message
    > Waiste of money right now to get one. My 6600 oc gt will last awhile. 600
    > bucks though I could use to get one of those shiny new dual cores or
    > something lol or save it for the ps3

    I'd need to get one for the hell of it................... Mmmmmmmmm, Doom3
    full speed full settings!
    NeXuS, Jul 1, 2005
  9. Pete

    Anthony Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    mmm doom 3 xbox on hd tv no need to buy expensive video card mmmmm wife
    happy mmmmm lol

    Anthony, Jul 2, 2005
  10. Pete

    Hackworth Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    "Anthony" <> wrote in message
    > mmm doom 3 xbox on hd tv no need to buy expensive video card mmmmm wife
    > happy mmmmm lol

    LOL!

    Hackworth, Jul 2, 2005
  11. Pete

    NeXuS Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    "Anthony" <> wrote in message
    > mmm doom 3 xbox on hd tv no need to buy expensive video card mmmmm wife
    > happy mmmmm lol

    I suppose, but if you had the money, wouldn't you wanna REALLY treat
    yourself? ;)
    NeXuS, Jul 2, 2005
  12. Pete

    Anthony Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    ahh if I had the money I'd go buy the new alien ware computer with the dual
    7800's and the new AMD single core processor mmmm MAN ur making me want now!
    lol

    Anthony, Jul 2, 2005
  13. Pete

    NeXuS Guest

    Re: Driver for 7800 GTX

    "Anthony" <> wrote in message
    > ahh if I had the money I'd go buy the new alien ware computer with the
    > dual 7800's and the new AMD single core processor mmmm MAN ur making me
    > want now! lol

    I thought it was an AMD dual core. ;)

    You seen the price of one of those maxed out? Whoooaahhh! ;)

    NeXuS, Jul 2, 2005