Help.. link from input to output lost..

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Bill Jones, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. Bill Jones

    Bill Jones Guest

    Not sure who to explain this, but I have a laptop Dell with WinXP and an
    on board Sigmatelaudio sound card. This computer has an onboard
    microphone and a line-in input. Initially, if I had audio coming in the
    line-in input, the audio would come out the PC's speakers or earphone if
    connected, assuming that I had the proper volume controls enabled in the
    mixer. However, I made a change to a registry item, to change the
    default MP3 CODEC (I have since changed this to it's previous value),
    and at approximately this time (ie I'm not sure this is what caused the
    problem), the computer no longer sends the audio from the line input to
    the output, ie I can no longer hear what is attached to the line-in on
    the PC's speakers. I have recording devices, which can record the audio
    on the line-in, and I can immediately tell this software to "play" the
    recorded audio, and it plays properly through the speakers, but I can't
    hear it live.
    It is as if a "mute" parameter has been selected somewhere, but I
    can't find any such parameter. I have all items in the mixer enabled and
    at full volume, for both play and record.
    Can someone suggest a possible cause for this, and aim me in the
    right direction for correcting the problem?
    Thanks.

    --
    Bill Jones Sweden Maine N3JLQ
    htpp://www.megalink.net/~wejones TVRO,Space,Ham radio,WX