Help Me Please! I have a old SB Live 5.1 Digital card with the live drive but I lost the install CD

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Moondog, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. Moondog

    Moondog Guest

    I had it boxed up for a while but brought it out to go in a new PC I
    built. Everything seems to work but with out the original install CD
    I cant install the remote control software! Why dont they have a full
    install version on the www.sblive.com ???

    Does anyone know where i can get the install CD? Does Creative still
    have copies they can send me?

    Oh and one other thing...

    I have the DTT 3500 Digital sound system to go with it. But with the
    SPDIF DIN Cabe connected to the Digital out on the sound card and into
    the Digital DIN in on the sound AMP I get only sound from the front
    right and left speakers. Nothing from the center or rear speakers!
    Not even in Voice test mode! I checked all the cables and everything
    seems to be plugged in right...

    Thanks for any help!

    Moondog

    Moondog, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Re: Help Me Please! I have a old SB Live 5.1 Digital card with thelive drive but I lost the install CD!

    Try downloading the latest RemoteCentre from www.soundblaster.com. The
    download won't install manually. 'tis a self-extracting archive, simply
    unzip the files with WinZip and run the installation from the setup.exe
    two directory levels beneath the extracted level. It should install fine
    then and not complain about not having an existing installation.

    As for the DTT3500, you need to use the SPDIF cable which came with yer
    DTT3500s. Any old cable won't do as this is acutally 3 parallel SPDIFs
    in one cable.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Oct 17, 2004