    The machine powers up but nothing on the Monitor.

    Can someone help please, I am now getting desperate!

    Thanks

    Trevor Holbrook, Oct 30, 2004

  2. Trevor Holbrook

    tester Guest

    Hi!
    If You don't hear any beep codes I suspect that AGP is not contact firmly in his junction.
    Don't screw it to chasis, try to push firmly and "swing" it in junction. If AGP card doesn't contact in junction
    the screen remains black and no beep codes and no boot-up.
    The second thought is :
    If You connected CPU cooler to other FAN junction than this which is dedicated for CPU,
    the mainboard will not power up at all becouce of FAN-FAIL but I think that it is not your problem.

    tester, Oct 30, 2004

  3. Trevor Holbrook

    appy33 Guest

    I have just purchased this motherboard with a similar problem. only
    mine will not boot up until I have reset the CMOS on the JP1 switch on
    the motherboard. the problem is the computer then boots up fine but
    half way through the Windows Installation when the software reboots it
    will not start again until I have cleared the cmos again from the
    motherboard. If you know what is wrong before I take the motherboard
    back I will be please to hear from you.

    appy33, Nov 17, 2004