help on replacing my D865GBF board

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Computer@#??, Jun 23, 2009.

  1. Computer@#??

    Computer@#??

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I currently have an Intel D865GBF motherboard which is giving me issues, I need to replace it but I do not want to have to bye a new processor and ram. I have researched till the cows came home but I am just getting more confused. Please help and suggest a few boards that will be compatible with my ram and processor
    My Computer Specs are
    Processor : Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20Ghz 3.12Ghz

    Boards specs are. Hope this helps, hope YOU can HELP…

    Processor Support for:
    Intel® Pentium® 4 processor (1.60a, 1.80a, 2a, 2.20 GHz or higher) with
    800/533/400 MHz front side bus (FSB) frequency in the mPGA478-pin package
    Intel® Celeron processor (2 GHz or higher) with 400 MHz FSB frequency in the
    mPGA478-pin package
    Chipset Intel® 865G chipset consisting of:
    Intel® 82865G Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) with Accelerated Hub
    Architecture (AHA) bus
    Intel® 82801EB I/O Controller Hub (ICH5) with support for up to six
    Hi-Speed Universal Serial Bus 2.0 (USB 2.0) ports
    4 Mbit Firmware Hub (FWH)
    Main Memory Four 184-pin, 2.5 V SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
    Dual channel 400/333/266 MHz DDR SDRAM interface
    Designed to support up to 4 GB of system memory
    Peripheral Interfaces Up to eight USB 2.0 ports
    — Four ports routed to the back panel
    — Four ports routed to the internal USB header
    Two IDE interfaces with Ultra DMA-33 and ATA-66/100 support
    Two Serial ATA (SATA) connectors
    One diskette drive interface
    One parallel port
    One serial port
    One VGA port
    PS/2* keyboard and mouse ports
    BIOS Intel/AMI BIOS
    4 Mbit symmetrical flash memory
    Support for SMBIOS

    Computer@#??, Jun 23, 2009

  2. Computer@#??

    neily

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    hello ! i just returned to this side of the universe

    hello all, !!! i just returned to this side of the universe and i would respectfully like to post my opinion on this forum question. 1.intel makes a quality product. 2. what are the mentioned issues? 3. don't blame the board my first move would be to go buy a really nice new power supply , then re-install the o/s .4.usually when i do the above my system problems go away.5. if you really are determined to get a new system, determine how much cash you want to spend.6. xmas is coming up theres got to be some good deals .>>>>>>>>>> later, good luck >>>> im going back to cyberspace.....neily

    neily, Nov 26, 2009