HELP please attaching case USB2 and firewire to motherboard

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Dave, Oct 2, 2004.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I got some great help for my last questions to these newsgroups, so
    I'd like to press my luck and try again:

    I am installing a Soyo Dragon 6000 Ultra Platinum motherboard in a
    Coolermaster Wave Master case. I don't understand the schematic for
    plugging in the chassis firewire, USB2 and audio wires.

    1. USB2: The motherboard has two separate places to plug in USB2
    wires. Each of the two places has two rows of prongs; one row has four
    prongs while the second row has five prongs. However, the case wires
    that I think are the USB2 wires have only one row of holes each. (The
    five-hole USB2 case wire has red, black, blue, and white wiring, while
    the four-hole USB2 case wire has orange, red, brown, and black wiring.
    My question is: DO BOTH CASE WIRES GO INTO A SINGLE MOTHERBOARD USB2
    PLACE, WITH THE FIVE-HOLE WIRE GOING INTO THE FIVE-PRONG ROW, AND THE
    FOUR-HOLE WIRE GOING INTO THE FOUR-HOLE ROW?

    2. Firewire: The thick black case wire that I take to be the firewire
    case wire has two rows of holes: five holes in one row and four holes
    in the other. The row with four holes covers over the LAST HOLE at the
    end of the row. The problem here is that the motherboard firewire
    place, which has five prongs in one row and four prongs in the second,
    deletes one of the MIDDLE PRONGS in the four-prong row, not the LAST
    PRONG.

    3. On the thick black case wire--on the end that is closest to the
    firewire and USB2 ports--there is a loose wire that looks like a
    grounding wire. Is that supposed to be attached to anything?

    Thank you

    Dave, Oct 2, 2004