help pls

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Angelus, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. Angelus

    Angelus Guest

    Please read entire post as it is in parts.

    Hi All ;

    A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
    to you computer.
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart if this
    screen appears again, follow these steps.
    Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If
    this is a new installion ask you hardware or software manufacturer for any
    windows updates you might need.
    If problems continue disabe or remove any newly installed hardware or
    software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    If you need to use saft mode to remove or diable componets. restart your
    computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, then select saft
    mode.
    Technical Information
    .... STOP 0x0000000A (0x00000166, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804F5BC0)

    i got a Matrox Parhelia 128MB, driver 1.7.0.89, BIOS 1.4-20
    also i got DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
    Microft XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600)

    This is the reply i got from my graphics card manufacturer;
    "Try the following steps in this exact order.

    1. Uninstall your drivers with the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel
    or use the Parhelia Powerdesk uninstaller from here
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/ftp_util2.cfm .
    Also remove the dot NET and any update for the dot NET from Microsoft.
    2. Reboot and go in your system BIOS.
    3. Be sure that USB is enabled, PNP OS set to YES, Assign IRQ to VGA enabled
    and AGP aperture size set to 256 or the highest.
    4. Boot in normal mode.
    5. Upon detection of the card install drivers from windows list only or
    cancel the install wizard. Do not install Matrox drivers at this point.
    6. Install any available update from Microsoft. Install the dot NET 1.1 from
    Microsoft.
    7. Install the latest patches for the chipset of your motherboard from the
    chipset manufacturer.
    8. Reboot.
    9. Install the latest Matrox drivers from here by running the setup once the
    files have been extracted."

    -------------------------------
    I did steps 1 to 8 but after the restart, the BIOS i installed for my board
    was wrong or something and now my comp just hangs at the very begining of
    the start up.

    before the update my bios version was P15 and i tried to update it to P25
    IntelĀ® Express BIOS update [MVAP25EB.EXE] <<< thats the file name i used.

    heres a link to my motherboard
    http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/mv2/index.htm

    http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d850emv2/

    http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d850emv2/mv2_howto.htm

    boads jumper settings
    http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d850emv2/sb/CS-010586.htm

    while i updated or before i was never asked to create a recovery disk for my
    boards BIOS, but i have my boards installer cd iam hoping that i can make a
    recovery disk with that.

    Angelus, Aug 13, 2004