Help: Problem with backup, scsi transport failed

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by mei, Sep 28, 2003.

  1. mei

    mei Guest

    Hi,
    I got a problem on my backup server again and need help. Thanks in
    advance.

    The backup acted weird today while I was replacing the tape. At first,
    I could not remove the volume index out of the pool. After I fixed
    this problem and tried to label the tape. It gave me the error on each
    tape, said that bad file number. I have successfully finished labling
    three tapes. At the fourth tape, it took more than half an hour, but
    was still not done. So cancelled the operation of labeling. The
    problem happened during the cancelling. The scsi error occurrs, had
    the error message: Read open error, I/O error. The autochange stops in
    the middle of the CY-TL8-2015 tape library subsystem. The light is
    green for the autochanger. Then I opened the door, found the tape is
    still mounted. After close the door, the light of the autochager stay
    in red. Then I checked the log file , have some error messages like
    this:

    Sep 27 17:32:17 beverly unix: SCSI transport failed: reason
    'timeout': giving
    up^M^M
    Sep 27 17:32:17 beverly root: Solstice Backup media: (warning)
    /dev/rmt/1mbn rea
    ding: I/O error

    Sep 27 17:45:03 beverly unix: Disconnected command timeout for
    Target 1.0
    Sep 27 17:45:04 beverly unix: NOTICE: lus_intr(1.1.0): transport
    failure (timeou
    t)
    Sep 27 17:46:05 beverly unix: NOTICE: lus_intr(1.1.0): transport
    failure (incomp
    lete)

    The server is running SUNOS 5.6 with RAID 5 external hard disks and
    backup file is solstice 5.1.

    I have checked the /kernel/drv/st.config. Nothing was wrong there.

    Any suggestion?

    Mei