Help tyan thunder i7522 won't post

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Dom, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Dom

Dom

Hey guy's I bought a tyan thunder i7522/s5362 on ebay a few months back with 4gb of hynix pc2-3200r and 2 x 3.2ghz xeon's socket 604 I believe. I waited about 2-3 months to test the motherboard because I was short on cash just bought my self a thermal take toughpower 650w w/ eps connector and I hooked everything up the board powers on but there is no video signal coming from the on-board vga I checked to make sure the video jumper is enabled. It just turns on and the cpu fans spin slowly I do not get any beeps. I also tried running just one cpu, no ram I could not get it to beep. The green led lights up on the motherboard, I thought it may be the ram because it was not officially tested so I ordered another 4gb of hynix memory that passed the tests according to tyan, still it does not post. If I try to use 8gb of ram it turns on and off very quickly. I am not running it in a case but nothing has been shorted out. I'm really stuck on this one.

Dom, Jul 20, 2010
Ask a Question