    that retains the CD drives. I can't figure out which button to push
    in order to release one of the CD rom drives.

    Jess

    Jess, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Jess

    Rick Guest

    "Jess" <Jess@> wrote in message news:...
    > HELP!
    >
    > What kind of a locking system does Compaq use on the Presario 5000
    > that retains the CD drives. I can't figure out which button to push
    > in order to release one of the CD rom drives.

    Are you talking about a CD or the drive itself? The drive is released
    with tabs on either side of the front bezel -- you'll need to remove the
    front plastic panel to access them. Open up the bottom portion
    (where the system CD is stored), then you'll see two fingerholes to
    pull the top portion out. Do this carefully because there are side tabs
    that will easily break if you pull too hard.

    If you're talking about a CD, look right above the eject button for a
    tiny hole. Get a straightened paper clip and push it hard into this
    hole, the tray will pop out.

    Rick

    Rick, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Kim And John Holtz, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Kim And John Holtz, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Jess

    Jess Guest

    Talking about the "drive" itself which I thought I had said, not the
    disc.

    I appreciate your input and will go after it and see.

    Jess, Aug 7, 2003
  6. Jess

    Jess Guest

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:35:49 -0700, "Rick" <> wrote:

    >"Jess" <Jess@> wrote in message news:...
    >> HELP!
    >>
    >> What kind of a locking system does Compaq use on the Presario 5000
    >> that retains the CD drives. I can't figure out which button to push
    >> in order to release one of the CD rom drives.

    >Are you talking about a CD or the drive itself? The drive is released
    >with tabs on either side of the front bezel -- you'll need to remove the
    >front plastic panel to access them. Open up the bottom portion
    >(where the system CD is stored), then you'll see two fingerholes to
    >pull the top portion out. Do this carefully because there are side tabs
    >that will easily break if you pull too hard.
    >
    >If you're talking about a CD, look right above the eject button for a
    >tiny hole. Get a straightened paper clip and push it hard into this
    >hole, the tray will pop out.
    >
    >Rick

    Thanks Rick! That sure is an easy case to deal with.

    Jess

    Jess, Aug 8, 2003