    What is that?
    And why does it go?

    --Quas.co.ua
    Quas.co.ua, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Quas.co.ua wrote:
    > Hi there.
    >
    > Please help.
    > I have a system with Cyrix MII pr300,
    > where it is no way to unpack bz2 archive.
    > At some section it counts bad CRC.
    >
    > When I obtained newer motherboard with Celleron, problem,
    > was dissolved.
    >
    > But I had to return to my old processor and motherboard
    > same was with K6-2.
    >
    > Sometimes problems happens with mp3, it jumps between slots.
    >
    > What is that?
    > And why does it go?

    Run a memory test such as memtest86+ and I bet you have memory issues. I
    have that CPU and it works perfectly (eventually). You don't have an
    i686 version of bzip2 running, do you? I suggest you compile from source
    and try again if so.

    --
    Bill Davidsen <>
    Bill Davidsen, Nov 9, 2006

  3. Quas.co.ua

    Quas.co.ua Guest

    Bill Davidsen wrote:

    > Quas.co.ua wrote:
    > > Hi there.
    > >
    > > Please help.
    > > I have a system with Cyrix MII pr300,
    > > where it is no way to unpack bz2 archive.
    > > At some section it counts bad CRC.
    > >
    > > When I obtained newer motherboard with Celleron, problem,
    > > was dissolved.
    > >
    > > But I had to return to my old processor and motherboard
    > > same was with K6-2.
    > >
    > > Sometimes problems happens with mp3, it jumps between slots.
    > >
    > > What is that?
    > > And why does it go?

    > Run a memory test such as memtest86+ and I bet you have memory issues.

    Passed, I have it on rescue CD.
    At least first pass of testes.

    > have that CPU and it works perfectly (eventually).

    > You don't have an
    > i686 version of bzip2 running, do you?
    > I suggest you compile from source
    > and try again if so.

    Well, I have a kernel compiled for 386 (RedHat 6.0)
    And the latest OpenBSD i386 (Which, it seams, does not compiles for 686 at all)

    Compiled with make
    and came with standard installations of OpenBSD 4.0

    It does not work.

    What exactly processor do you have?

    --Michaelo

    May be all the defect processors of the National Semiconductors and the AMD
    came in this debilous police militarized country.
    It seams they want more.

    Quas.co.ua, Nov 10, 2006