    tonight for my son's New Year party. Please help.

    Thanks,

    BigSky
    Big Sky, Dec 31, 2004

  2. Big Sky

    Scott C Guest

    I had similar problem with DVI card / video connector, disabled the VGA,
    could not get the screen on.. had to reset the CMOS before it worked again.
    Still don't have it working on DVI.. using the analog VGA now.

    sc

    "Big Sky" <> wrote in message
    > I got my SS51G V2 configured with HD, CDRW, 512MB, P4 2.2, FD, and Nvidia
    > 5600 Ultra card. I set up the BIOS by turning off shadowing, use the AGP
    > vice PCI card, and fixing the date/time then booted to the CD. Win2000

    Pro
    > began the set up routines, formated the hard drive, loaded more set up

    files
    > and, after a long time, rebooted. All the it seemed to be booting fine

    (HD
    > light, keyboard LEDs, etc) however there was no video signal from the

    video

    Scott C, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Big Sky

    Big Sky Guest

    Well, I feel stupid. When I removed my hand after resetting the BIOS, my
    finger caught on something. On closer examination, the ends of both SIMMs
    were not seated in the sockets. Imagine my surprise.....

    Scott, BTW do you own a SS51G version 2? I'm looking for a copy of the
    original CD that shipped with this unit. My eBay merchant gave me a new in
    box computer minus the disk and manual. Of course he wouldn't return any
    emails. Anyway, I'd be willing to reimburse for the CD and postage. My
    main concern is getting all the drivers right. I downloaded the sound,
    agp, video, and ide SIS drivers. However, I'm wondering if there isn't a
    chipset driver I missed. Didn't see any on the Shuttle to SIS websites but
    its mentioned in the manual. Any thoughts? Maybe I already have everything
    I need. At least the computer seems to be working fine. Overclocks nicely
    too.

    Thanks,

    Big SKy

    Big Sky, Jan 3, 2005