    If I increase the processor's voltage, will that take it out of this
    particular phase of operation?

    THanks. in advance....

    John Stimac, Mar 17, 2006

  2. John  Stimac

    - HAL9000 Guest

    I have heard of Intel cpu's slowing down (intelligently) but not for
    AMD cpu's. Do you have a link?

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    - HAL9000, Mar 18, 2006

  3. - HAL9000" <> wrote in message
    |I have heard of Intel cpu's slowing down (intelligently) but not for
    | AMD cpu's. Do you have a link?

    Forrest -

    Look for PowerNow! on AMD's website. Their mobile processors have featured
    this for some time.

    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, Mar 18, 2006
  4. John  Stimac

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Right. PowerNow has been around for awhile but I wasn't aware that
    reducing the running frequency was one of it's characteristics...

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    - HAL9000, Mar 20, 2006
  5. John  Stimac

    - HAL9000 Guest

    I've used "rain" and "cpuidle" in the past on K6-2 processors. You
    might try their web pages to see if they do what you want.

    http://www.cpuidle.de/

    Not sure what Rain's web page is...

    - HAL9000, Mar 20, 2006