    Does anyone recognize this board?

    Thanks for your time
    Yvonne

    Yvonne, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Yvonne

    uddarts Guest

    "" wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a problem and I don't know where I can find the answer.
    > I wonder if
    > anyone can help me? I need to know the name of this
    > motherboard and and
    > which company it comes from.
    >
    > The only text I can find on the board is IA-P4. It has vga,
    > network, sound,
    > 2x usb, 1 agp and 3 pci. It is ATX, socket 478 and for
    > DDR-memory.
    >
    > Does anyone recognize this board?
    >
    > Thanks for your time
    > Yvonne

    this should be able to identify the board and just about anything
    else. download the free home edition.

    http://www.lavalys.com/

    ud

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/default-ftopict65279.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=327329

    uddarts, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Yvonne

    Olof F Guest

    Hi Yvonne

    You don't specify if the board is "bare" or whether it is mounted in
    box with CPU and memory (disk not necessary). If the latter is th
    case then you can start the system and record what the BIOS print
    about the board(usually at the top of the screen before CPU an
    memory info) and search for it on the internet. If this gives no clu
    record the BIOS serial number (usually a long string o
    characters/numbers at the bottom of the screen) along with the BIO
    company (AMI, Award, etc), go to the BIOS company's site and searc
    for a BIOS upgrade using the string and they'll report back wha
    board and how much they'll charge you for the upgrade

    Olo

    Olof F, Dec 8, 2005