    Does anyone recognize this board?

    Thanks for your time
    Yvonne

    Yvonne, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Yvonne

    Jure Sah Guest

    Yvonne wrote:
    > Hi!

    "Hi!" is a poor choice of subject.

    > I have a problem and I don't know where I can find the answer. I wonder if
    > anyone can help me? I need to know the name of this motherboard and and
    > which company it comes from.

    The best way is that you check out on the websites of bigger motherboard
    manufacturers for their "chipset identification utility" or something
    along those lines. Should get you the name you can use to look for
    drivers accurately.

    > The only text I can find on the board is IA-P4. It has vga, network, sound,
    > 2x usb, 1 agp and 3 pci. It is ATX, socket 478 and for DDR-memory.

    Well I don't have such a board for one. And the only thing I can read
    from what you've said is that it has Instruction Architecture for
    Pentium 4 (which is weird because as far as I know, motherboards have
    nothing to do with the instruction architecture... but it should
    indicate the the only thing you can stick in this board is either a
    Celeron D or a Pentium 4).

    Check to see if there is any sticker or label on the chipset... that
    would be any big square chip on the motherboard (if the chipset chip has
    a cooler on it there's no sticker underneath but there may be a sticker
    or label on the other big square chips). This unlikely candidate for
    clues may give you something to Google with to get the full name of the
    board.

    Once you have approximately identified the board, search the internet
    for images. With a picture you'll be able to accurately identify the
    board and avoid problems such as installing the wrong driver or
    missmatching a BIOS upgrade.

    Good luck.

    --
    Model: INFJ