    Does anyone recognize this board?

    Thanks for your time
    Yvonne

    Yvonne, Nov 18, 2005

  2. On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:23:13 GMT, "Yvonne" <> was
    heard to say:

    >Hi!
    >
    >I have a problem and I don't know where I can find the answer. I wonder if
    >anyone can help me? I need to know the name of this motherboard and and
    >which company it comes from.
    >
    >The only text I can find on the board is IA-P4. It has vga, network, sound,
    >2x usb, 1 agp and 3 pci. It is ATX, socket 478 and for DDR-memory.
    >
    >Does anyone recognize this board?
    >
    >Thanks for your time
    >Yvonne

    Yvonne,
    In the past, I have found http://www.wimsbios.com/ to be
    invaluable in identifying motherboards. You'll need the bootup BIOS
    code for identification purposes.
    Raymond Sirois
    SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9257
    telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6023

    Raymond Sirois, Nov 19, 2005

  3. By "BIOS string", Raymond means the unintelligible series of numbers and
    letters on the first boot screen (where you also the the computer
    counting the RAM, detecting hard disks, etc.). If you can write these
    down (hitting the "Pause" button on the top right of the keyboard may
    help), that will help a lot. You can then look these up on Wim's BIOS,
    or Google them, or post them here.

    Alex Zorrilla, Nov 22, 2005