historical note: Clearing the IBM Netvista Intrusion Alarm

Discussion in 'IBM' started by joeprogrammer, Feb 2, 2007.

  1. Lucky me to find a perfectly working 6579 just sitting in the garbage.
    But how to get that nasty intrusion alarm to be quiet as I wished to
    run the unit headless?

    I finally figured it out - be holding down the power button when you
    plug the unit in. The machine will power up for a second or two then
    power off. When you next hit the power button you will discover the
    intrusion alarm is now cleared.

    cheers.