How can I tell exactly what video card I've got?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Timppa Saarinen, Jul 15, 2006.

  1. "Glenn Richardson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've opened up my Dell machine and had a look at the video card. This
    > is all I know:
    >
    > nVidia Corporation
    > Model: P162
    > N11071

    nvidia is usually Geforce imo. Yes there are problems with these cards, and
    one can not remember precisely the number of the card. go to www.excite.com
    and type in : nvidia geforce model p162
    and/or N11071

    Timppa Saarinen, Jul 15, 2006

  2. I've opened up my Dell machine and had a look at the video card. This
    is all I know:

    nVidia Corporation
    Model: P162
    N11071

    There are two bar code stickers with the following numbers:
    600-50162-0004-102
    and
    900-50162-0100-000

    Here's another marking:

    CN-0U0842-38561-393-0242

    And finally:

    MIC E-G012-03-1421 (B)

    All I want to know is hat driver I need for it!

    Cheers
    Glenn

    Glenn Richardson, Jul 15, 2006

  3. Timppa Saarinen

    bandit Guest

    On 15 Jul 2006 09:22:31 -0700, "Glenn Richardson"
    <> wrote:

    >I've opened up my Dell machine and had a look at the video card. This
    >is all I know:
    >
    >nVidia Corporation
    >Model: P162
    >N11071
    >
    >There are two bar code stickers with the following numbers:
    >600-50162-0004-102
    >and
    >900-50162-0100-000
    >
    >Here's another marking:
    >
    >CN-0U0842-38561-393-0242
    >
    >And finally:
    >
    >MIC E-G012-03-1421 (B)
    >
    >All I want to know is hat driver I need for it!
    >
    >Cheers
    >Glenn

    click on start, then go to control panel, then double click on system
    when that window opens you'll see the tab hardware click on it ,then
    hit device manager, then look for display adaptors it should tell you
    witch one it is

    bandit, Jul 15, 2006
  4. * Glenn Richardson:

    > I've opened up my Dell machine and had a look at the video card. This
    > is all I know:
    >
    > nVidia Corporation
    > Model: P162
    > N11071

    Ever heard of google? Entering "Nvidia P162" shows you have a Geforce
    FX5200 128MB AGP...

    > All I want to know is hat driver I need for it!

    The latest Forceware driver from nvidia.com...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 15, 2006
  5. Timppa Saarinen

    TMack Guest

    > I've opened up my Dell machine and had a look at the video card. This
    > is all I know:
    >
    > nVidia Corporation
    > Model: P162

    GeForce FX 5200, 128mb