    When I right-click on a file in Finder, I am given the choice to "Open
    with…". But my Windows editor doesn't show up there.

    How can I get the editor into that list?
    Gary, May 19, 2012

  2. In article <4fb781f0$0$54683$c3e8da3$>,
    Gary <> wrote:

    > I have a Windows text editor program (KEDIT) that I prefer over any of
    > my Mac programs. So it's installed on Windows 7 under VMWare Fusion.
    >
    > When I right-click on a file in Finder, I am given the choice to "Open
    > withŠ". But my Windows editor doesn't show up there.
    >
    > How can I get the editor into that list?

    Don't know if you can do this with Fusion, but that's a feature of
    Parallels Desktop. When you build a Winodws VM, you can create links to
    Winodws apps that can be associated with a file type through the
    Finder's "Open with" feature. I don't know if Fusion has this.

    Michael Vilain, May 19, 2012

  3. Gary

    Alan Browne Guest

    Re: How do I get a Windows program to show up when I select "openwith"?

    On 2012-05-19 07:20 , Gary wrote:
    > I have a Windows text editor program (KEDIT) that I prefer over any of
    > my Mac programs. So it's installed on Windows 7 under VMWare Fusion.
    >
    > When I right-click on a file in Finder, I am given the choice to "Open
    > with…". But my Windows editor doesn't show up there.
    >
    > How can I get the editor into that list?

    In settings under "Applications" -> "Default Applications"

    - check the box "Open your Mac files..."
    - then configure it

    --
    "A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds."
    -Samuel Clemens.
    Alan Browne, May 19, 2012