    the 366 needs a card for wifi.
    How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
    I apologize. I am a noob!
    MiltonWillis, Mar 21, 2009

  2. MiltonWillis schrieb:

    > I just bought a WebDT 366 off of Ebay and I'm looking to install XP
    > tablet edition on it. It currently runs Windows CE.
    > The specs are:
    > 533 MHz processor
    > 512 MB Ram
    >
    > I've seen the WebDT 360 running the software and the difference
    > between the 360 and 366 is basically just that the 360 has an
    > embedded wireless card and the 366 needs a card for wifi.
    > How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
    > I apologize. I am a noob!

    I'm sorry, but I have no idea on what your "WebDT" might be :-(

    In general, however, I can say that "Windiws XP TabletPC Edition" has
    never been available for sale as an OS.
    MS policies had been to exclusively make it available to the
    manufacturers of TabletPC for bundling it with their hardware.

    So you will hardly have any chance to get hold of the OS except finding
    a second-hand offer (on eBay f.e.)

    Another issue would be to get hold of the specific drivers issued by the
    harware manufacturer.

    Rainald
    Rainald Taesler, Mar 22, 2009

  3. MiltonWillis

    Sinner Guest

    "MiltonWillis" <> wrote in message
    >I just bought a WebDT 366 off of Ebay and I'm looking to install XP tablet
    > edition on it. It currently runs Windows CE.
    > The specs are:
    > 533 MHz processor
    > 512 MB Ram
    >
    > I've seen the WebDT 360 running the software and the difference between
    > the
    > 360 and 366 is basically just that the 360 has an embedded wireless card
    > and
    > the 366 needs a card for wifi.
    > How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
    > I apologize. I am a noob!

    Typically, Tablet Edition only came installed on new tablets. You can,
    however, find some OEM media on eBay. That's where I got mine.
    Sinner, Mar 22, 2009
  4. MiltonWillis

    Dirtpimp Guest

    On Mar 21, 7:02 pm, "Rainald Taesler" <> wrote:
    > MiltonWillis schrieb:
    >
    > > I just bought aWebDT366 off of Ebay and I'm looking toinstallXP
    > > tablet edition on it. It currently runsWindowsCE.
    > > The specs are:
    > > 533 MHz processor
    > > 512 MB Ram

    > > I've seen theWebDT360 running the software and the difference
    > > between the 360 and 366 is basically just that the 360 has an
    > >embeddedwireless card and the 366 needs a card for wifi.
    > > How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
    > > I apologize. I am a noob!

    > I'm sorry, but I have no idea on what your "WebDT" might be :-(
    >
    > In general, however, I can say that "WindiwsXPTabletPC Edition" has
    > never been available for sale as an OS.
    > MS policies had been to exclusively make it available to the
    > manufacturers of TabletPC for bundling it with their hardware.
    >
    > So you will hardly have any chance  to get hold of the OS except finding
    > a second-hand offer (on eBay f.e.)
    >
    > Another issue would be to get hold of the specific drivers issued by the
    > harware manufacturer.
    >
    > Rainald

    I think he is talking about Windows XP Embedded.
    Dirtpimp, Mar 24, 2009
  5. Dirtpimp wrote:

    >>> I just bought aWebDT366 off of Ebay and I'm looking toinstallXP
    >>> tablet edition on it. It currently runsWindowsCE.
    >>> The specs are:
    >>> 533 MHz processor
    >>> 512 MB Ram

    >>> I've seen theWebDT360 running the software and the difference
    >>> between the 360 and 366 is basically just that the 360 has an
    >>> embedded wireless card and the 366 needs a card for wife.
    >>> How do I obtain the software since its out-dated?
    >>> I apologize. I am a knob!

    >> I'm sorry, but I have no idea on what your "WebTV" might be :-(
    >>
    >> In general, however, I can say that "Windows XP TabletPC
    >> Edition" has never been available for sale as an OS.
    >> MS policies had been to exclusively make it available to the
    >> manufacturers of TabletPC for bundling it with their hardware.
    >>
    >> So you will hardly have any chance to get hold of the OS except
    >> finding a second-hand offer (on eBay f.e.)
    >>
    >> Another issue would be to get hold of the specific drivers issued by
    >> the hardware manufacturer.

    > I think he is talking about Windows XP Embedded.

    Really?
    As I never have been using that (neither on my PDAs, nor on my
    TabletPC), I'm a but illiterate in so far.
    The OP has explicitly been asking about "XP Tablet Edition", however.
    Guess what.

    Rainald
    Rainald Taesler, Mar 25, 2009
  6. On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 02:52:15 +0100, "Rainald Taesler" <>
    wrote:

    >>> I'm sorry, but I have no idea on what your "WebTV" might be :-(
    >>>
    >>> In general, however, I can say that "Windows XP TabletPC
    >>> Edition" has never been available for sale as an OS.
    >>> MS policies had been to exclusively make it available to the
    >>> manufacturers of TabletPC for bundling it with their hardware.
    >>>
    >>> So you will hardly have any chance to get hold of the OS except
    >>> finding a second-hand offer (on eBay f.e.)
    >>>
    >>> Another issue would be to get hold of the specific drivers issued by
    >>> the hardware manufacturer.

    >> I think he is talking about Windows XP Embedded.

    >Really?
    >As I never have been using that (neither on my PDAs, nor on my
    >TabletPC), I'm a but illiterate in so far.
    >The OP has explicitly been asking about "XP Tablet Edition", however.
    >Guess what.
    >
    >Rainald

    Since it's running Windows CE now, the OP probably can't upgrade the
    OS, it's an embedded OS, so you don't usually get an option to do a
    simple OS install.
    However, DTResearch's site says this system can run XP Pro as well as
    XP Embedded, no mention of XP tablet. Best bet, contact them for help

    --
    Cheers,
    Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
    Steve Jain [MVP], Mar 25, 2009