    actually running at 133MHz?

    Thank you very much!

    , Jul 23, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Recently, we just purchase 4 Tyan Motherboard S2882-D Thunder K8SD-Pro.
    >
    > We had double checked the jumper setting, bios setting, we had ensured
    > that the PCI-X card is actually plugged into PCI-X slot.
    >
    > We try use Mellanox Infiniband PCI-X card (HCA). We found out that the
    > transfer speed of Mellanox Infiniband is not achieving what we
    > expected. With the help of technical support from Mellanox, we found
    > out that PCI-X card detected it is plugged into a PCI slot, not PCI-X
    >
    > May I know how I can confirm/ benchmark the slot 1 of the PCI-X is
    > actually running at 133MHz?
    >
    > Thank you very much!

    What else is plugged in (PCI-2 in particular)?. How is J41 set?. What is
    J43 set to?.
    There are some software diagnostics that will report what the chipset
    registers are saying.

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Jul 23, 2006

  3. "Roger Hamlett" <> wrote in news:%
    uIwg.78155$:

    > How is J41 set?. What is J43 set to?.

    Eh, J41/J43 is for PCI-3 & 4 (PCI-X Bridge A), you must
    mean J24/J39, which is for PCI-1 & 2 (PCI-X bridge B)

    Peter Strömberg, Jul 23, 2006
  4. "Peter Strömberg" <> wrote in message
    > "Roger Hamlett" <> wrote in news:%
    > uIwg.78155$:
    >
    >> How is J41 set?. What is J43 set to?.

    > Eh, J41/J43 is for PCI-3 & 4 (PCI-X Bridge A), you must
    > mean J24/J39, which is for PCI-1 & 2 (PCI-X bridge B)

    Read the note under the jumper, with regard to PCI-X card speeds.
    It affects _both_ bridges.
    This is not made clear in the manual, but has caught me on this board.

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Jul 23, 2006
  5. Guest

    Please note that, all the jumpers are left opened. Also, except for
    PCI1, all other PCI slots are disabled. However, the PCI-X card still
    detect it is plugged into a PCI slot, not PCI-X.

    Roger Hamlett wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Recently, we just purchase 4 Tyan Motherboard S2882-D Thunder K8SD-Pro.
    > >
    > > We had double checked the jumper setting, bios setting, we had ensured
    > > that the PCI-X card is actually plugged into PCI-X slot.
    > >
    > > We try use Mellanox Infiniband PCI-X card (HCA). We found out that the
    > > transfer speed of Mellanox Infiniband is not achieving what we
    > > expected. With the help of technical support from Mellanox, we found
    > > out that PCI-X card detected it is plugged into a PCI slot, not PCI-X
    > >
    > > May I know how I can confirm/ benchmark the slot 1 of the PCI-X is
    > > actually running at 133MHz?
    > >
    > > Thank you very much!

    > What else is plugged in (PCI-2 in particular)?. How is J41 set?. What is
    > J43 set to?.
    > There are some software diagnostics that will report what the chipset
    > registers are saying.
    >
    > Best Wishes

    , Jul 24, 2006
  6. <> wrote in message
    > Please note that, all the jumpers are left opened. Also, except for
    > PCI1, all other PCI slots are disabled. However, the PCI-X card still
    > detect it is plugged into a PCI slot, not PCI-X.

    OK. This answers all the obvious questions. Have you got the motherboard
    chipset drivers loaded (generally the slots will run as PCI, unless these
    are loaded)?.

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Jul 24, 2006